LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1664 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Four Rugby League novels and another on the way!

Board index Kingstone Press Championship 1 South Wales Scorpions Four Rugby League novels and another on the way!

glee Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Having now written four novels (One Winter, One Spring, One Summer and One Autumn) all against a strong Rugby League background, I am now half way through writing the next in the series. Although it does not yet have a title, most of the chapters I have written so far do. They include A Tale From Knowsley Road, A Day Out In Wigan, Billinge Rules, She's a Jehovah's Widnes, Stuck On The M62 and The Girl From Wrexham.
If the last one particularly interests Scorpions fans, well Megan isn't the only Welsh person to feature in the series which is set in the fictional town of Ashurst located 'near' to St Helens, Wigan, Leigh, Earlestown and Warrington.
The two main characters are Alan Greenall, a young draughtsman, Ashurst born and bred and Thelma Johnson, born in Tonyrefail, brought up in a home in Cardiff who drifts north in 1962, a few months before the start of one of the worst winters in living memory.
For more details have a look at my web site http://www.geofflee.net.
[b]Visit http://www.geofflee.net for details of my novels 'One Winter', 'One Spring', 'One Summer' 'One Autumn' and 'Two Seasons'. All five feature Rugby League against a humourous Lancashire/Yorkshire background and are inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller."[/b]