LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 2251 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford Football Club Company(1914)

Board index Super League Salford Red Devils - scarletturkey.com Salford Football Club Company(1914)

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 am
Iain User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

programmethrower wrote:
I think Patten and Moon went to a school in CHESHIRE. Now I'm all for getting the players into schools, it should be encouraged more, tickets and freebies handed out to gain an interest. Why the club chose to send players to Cheshire is bizarre from my point of view, surely they should be concentrating on school within Salford and to a point Manchester.

Patten and Moon are both sponsored by Cheshire businesses that seem to be getting more involved with the club (Flowcrete and Steuer Gregsson) - I'd hazard a guess that has something to do with that school visit.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 am
programmethrower Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Iain wrote:
Patten and Moon are both sponsored by Cheshire businesses that seem to be getting more involved with the club (Flowcrete and Steuer Gregsson) - I'd hazard a guess that has something to do with that school visit.

So by that logic we shall be seeing Matty Ashurst at schools in Nelson, Burnley shortly?
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:28 am
programmethrower Strong-running second rower

Iain wrote:

So by that logic we shall be seeing Matty Ashurst at schools in Nelson, Burnley shortly?
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am
Iain User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

programmethrower wrote:

I wasn't suggesting that they went to that area just because there are sponsors from that area, I was speculating that those sponsors may have facilitated it happening. So if WT Building Services want to help us forge links in Burnley, then sure.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:28 pm
Early Bath User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Iain wrote:

Absolutely correct Iain - Mrs Isherwood (SG owners wife) is Head Teacher at the school. Messrs Moon & Patten were excellent Ambassadors as well.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 pm
mitie mouse Strong-running second rower

Early Bath wrote:
Absolutely correct Iain - Mrs Isherwood (SG owners wife) is Head Teacher at the school. Messrs Moon & Patten were excellent Ambassadors as well.

So e b,are we putting on 1,2,3,or even 4 coach`s on to bring all the new fans to the game? What about the kids from Salford.Oh bye the way,with being illiterate i hope you understand i am not a Swinton fan.Go on you bugger tell us one of the benefits of Sale moving in with us is.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm
Early Bath User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

mitie mouse wrote:
So e b,are we putting on 1,2,3,or even 4 coach`s on to bring all the new fans to the game? What about the kids from Salford.Oh bye the way,with being illiterate i hope you understand i am not a Swinton fan.Go on you bugger tell us one of the benefits of Sale moving in with us is.

Hello MM - If you sponsored a player for the season with hard cash I am sure the player sponsored would love to come round to your house to take yourself and Mrs Mouse to any restaurant of your choice. Thats the point of sponsorship. The player puts something BACK into the deal.

Actually - as an aside - several parents of the schoolchildren visited by Joel & Luke - and I mean several - came to our game last Friday - they loved it and will be back for more...............oh yes - they also paid to come in as well.

Neville the Devil was also part of the act at the School. Excellent stuff.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 am
right said father ted User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Bigpev wrote:
Father Ted the Bus service was advertised on the club site and copied onto here, what more can they do, First Bus put up timetables in the Bus stops but these bear no resemblance to the actual service, it doesn't amtter if it was plastered all over the place why would Warrington fans know about it? I wouldn't know what other clubs are doing unless I went on their club site. Salford fans were on here moaning it only went from Irlam station, see i knew about it and i live nowhere near Irlam.

The buses from Irlam to the stadium were put on for incoming trains from Warrington therefore the service was to cater for fans from Warrington. If there was no publicity at their end ie in their local media or in their programme for the previous weeks game then its no surprise very few people used the service.
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:56 am
theredshed User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

mitie mouse wrote:
What about the kids from Salford.

Are we talking about those same Salford kids that are provided with special rugby coaching at school, free tickets and school trips to tour the stadium? Ohh and lets not forget the 100's of Salford kids that have had opportunity to play rugby on the stadium pitch at half-time.

My heart goes out to them because they don't have to suffer the same unpleasent experiance from the likes of Manchester United or Man City! :lol:
I'll have what Phil Clarke's drinking.
Previous