PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Peacock announces retirement

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Peacock announces retirement

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:24 pm
Middleton_Loiner User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Bill Eve... Nice one Keith :wink:

His next Mask to go with the Gimp Ball will be Seymour Butz or Oliver Klozoff.

Tool :CRAZY:
Wayne Bennett wrote:
If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am
tvoc User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Tony Soprano wrote:
What damage could he have possibly caused by playing in that game?

Judging by the make up of the 19 man squad McNamara has announced for Game two very, very little.

Two weeks ago before game one (again on Boots 'N All - Gotcha will verify) McNamara was saying he was going to "put out our strongest squad for both games ..... it's an impotant series, we don't have enough International games to experiment too much ..... continuity and consistency have been key words for ourselves hopefully we can get that from one game to the next."

Appears it hasn't taken the clubs long to realise this latest gimmick isn't going to fly.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 pm
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I think that JP would command the respect of all of the players that have ever played with him throughout his career

I would also imagine that most fans of our game irrespective of which side they support would also share that respect of his playing career both at club level and on the international stage

I would like to say that JP has been a true warrior whilst representing his country both as a player and as a captain, and also in the most brutal of positions too

I do think that JP has been totally honest with himself and has done the right thing in announcing his retirement

My captain of England would now be Roby without a doubt
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:15 pm
Middleton_Loiner User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Wayne Bennett wrote:
If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

Jdging by that I would say Roby is unlikely to get it long term then, which makes O'Loughlin the leading candidate
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:01 am
wertyuio Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The Eagle wrote:
Jdging by that I would say Roby is unlikely to get it long term then, which makes O'Loughlin the leading candidate

If its the same link, there's no mention of either player so not sure how you can say. I'm not sure Roby is captain material at any level....despite his undoubted talent, skill and work rate. He does set a fantastic example but thats not enough.

O'loughlin would be in front of Roby for me......
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 am
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

wertyuio wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

If its the same link, there's no mention of either player so not sure how you can say. I'm not sure Roby is captain material at any level....despite his undoubted talent, skill and work rate. He does set a fantastic example but thats not enough.

O'loughlin would be in front of Roby for me......

It was based on roby being in the team and o'loughlin not
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am
LeedsBornWelshRoots User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If the report in yesterday's League Express yesterday is accurate then Peacock and McNamara discussed his international retirement back in January and agreed the course of action which has recently unfolded.

Which begs the question: how can any player be guaranteed selection in January for a game that will not be played until June? Has all pretence of players being picked on form not reputation been abandoned?
Don't you dare diss my mate Barrie...
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 am
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

More like McNamara doing an old friend a favour knowing he would not be playing for England again and letting him go on a win. Would have been interesting if England had lost the first game. Would JP have stayed on for the second game hoping they won that one?
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:46 am
Andy Gilder User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The selections of both coaches for game two tells you a lot about the relevance and importance with which they view this game. Stick a fork in the concept, it's done.
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

Now part of the Twittersphere - follow me and I'll get a restraining order...

http://twitter.com/AndyGilder

It's back after five years at Her Majesty's Pleasure...

http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

It's a cavalcade of comedy... Facebook To The Future
PreviousNext