LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1806 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - James Laithwaite in on loan

Board index Super League Hull KR - theprideofeasthull.co.uk James Laithwaite in on loan

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 pm
Easty User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bishops finger wrote:
Chuckle all you like but he has effectively walked out on us. He wanted to leave and we let him,

So how the heck is that walking out. Did you conveniently forget that Liam Watts was a contracted player to Hull Kingston Rovers?
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:49 pm
Jim Bergerac User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

If James Green lives up to the potential he's shown at Batley over the last few months, then losing a potentially top player in Watts won't be a blow. This kid has it all for a prop - size, ability to break a tackle, and one of the best offloads I've seen for a long time. The only thing he's lacking slightly is work ethic, which is perhaps due to a lack of fitness. If that improves, he's a possible future England player.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:22 am
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Jim Bergerac wrote:
If James Green lives up to the potential he's shown at Batley over the last few months, then losing a potentially top player in Watts won't be a blow. This kid has it all for a prop - size, ability to break a tackle, and one of the best offloads I've seen for a long time. The only thing he's lacking slightly is work ethic, which is perhaps due to a lack of fitness. If that improves, he's a possible future England player.

I've been really impressed with the tiny amount of him i've seen.
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 am
Paul T - HKR User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

To fast-track a player from outside with little or no SL experience doesn’t make sense to me, unless he is ready for SL but unable to break thro at Warrington, and, there is the possibility of a permanent deal.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:44 pm
bishops finger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Easty wrote:
So how the heck is that walking out. Did you conveniently forget that Liam Watts was a contracted player to Hull Kingston Rovers?

Yes he was contracted to Rovers, didn't stop him leaving when he wanted to though did it? He wanted out, he's gone, walked out.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:54 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Semantic debates about the nature of the departure of former player Liam Watts' departure on 'his' thread please.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm
bishops finger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Yes boss
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:03 pm
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

Paul T - HKR wrote:
To fast-track a player from outside with little or no SL experience doesn’t make sense to me, unless he is ready for SL but unable to break thro at Warrington, and, there is the possibility of a permanent deal.

From what ive seen of him and by what ive been told about him, i think that Laithewaite will be a real asset to Rovers in the time he is here. We are getting low on forwards now and Sandercock obviously doesnt think our youngsters are quite ready yet.
Green and Peterson are getting invaluable experience in the Championship in just the same way that Laithewaite did and im pretty certain that when they will get their chance in the run-in aswell.
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:22 pm
Easty User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bishops finger wrote:
Yes he was contracted to Rovers, didn't stop him leaving when he wanted to though did it? He wanted out, he's gone, walked out.

Watts wan't in any position to walk out. If Rovers wouldn't have wanted him out the club he'd still be a rovers player for another season and Wattsy couldn't have done a thing about it.
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.
Previous