PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Daniel Anderson to coach Exiles

Board index RLFANS MAIN 2014 INTERNATIONAL RL FORUM Daniel Anderson to coach Exiles

(Website) - Talk about rugby league around the world – and international games

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 pm
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Simply put.

All the players selected in Wednesdays game should not have played this weekend.

And why rest players? Are these competitive matches or trials?
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:51 pm
Anakin Skywalker User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Sheldon wrote:
You could be right there.

C Ablett (Leeds)
R Atkins (Warrington)
T Briscoe (Hull)
D Brough (Huddersfield)
J Broughton (Salford)
R Burrow (Leeds)
G Carvell (Warrington)
J Charnley (Wigan)
E Crabtree (Huddersfield)
L Cudjoe (Huddersfield)
L Farrell (Wigan)
J Jones-Buchanan (Leeds)
J Hodgson (Hull KR)
L Mossop (Wigan)
S Ratchford (Warrington)
J Roby (St Helens)
M Smith (Salford)
S Taylor (Hull KR)
J Wilkin (St Helens)

Is possibly the worst 'England' squad i've ever seen.

Who's available for the Exiles?
TBH that is how the squad should look.
If players are going to be allowed to drop out as they are then having a look at knights players is exactly the right thing to do.
Looking at both of our lads I can imagine they are buzzing and it SHOULD help them push on.

They won't care how they got selected the fact is they did and they are both young so like I say if it is channelled correctly it should help them progress which is good for england.
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:14 am
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
TBH that is how the squad should look.
If players are going to be allowed to drop out as they are then having a look at knights players is exactly the right thing to do.
Looking at both of our lads I can imagine they are buzzing and it SHOULD help them push on.

They won't care how they got selected the fact is they did and they are both young so like I say if it is channelled correctly it should help them progress which is good for england.

The squad should look like its the best 19 England players available.

Resting players or having players withdraw injured because they played 2, 3 or 4 days before is stupid and devalues it.
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am
Anakin Skywalker User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Sheldon wrote:
The squad should look like its the best 19 England players available.

Resting players or having players withdraw injured because they played 2, 3 or 4 days before is stupid and devalues it.

True but the very second that happened then IMHO he should have shifted his aims to see who is ready in the knights.
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:07 pm
Wire-in-the-blood User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Looks like the fans don't think this is a real game, and the England players are proving them right. For the concept to grow, it's going to need to be managed a lot better than it is at the moment, or it's going to fall apart within 2 years.
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Agent Mulder User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Let's face it McNamara has no idea whatsoever. Problem is he won't resign he'll wait until he is pushed and then it will be too late. What we have seen from him so far doesn't give me any hope at all.
you light up my senses.....
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 pm
Wire-in-the-blood User avatar

Agent Mulder wrote:
Let's face it McNamara has no idea whatsoever. Problem is he won't resign he'll wait until he is pushed and then it will be too late. What we have seen from him so far doesn't give me any hope at all.

I agree, but when you look who's in charge above him, you see why the international scene is such a joke. It's so depressing because it gives ammo to every critic of RL out there when you see a crowd like this for a supposedly international game, and it's the fault of the RFL for not promoting it properly.
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 pm
Hillsborough Lad User avatar
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor

McNamara "we had a really inexperienced side" ...one minute later "we had some really experienced players out there"

Clown.

And please tell me Jon Wilkin didn't say we were overawed?! By what exactly? The massive crowd or the sight of a 38 year old running at them?
DOCTOR ASTON'S TAXI ARMY - 2012 & 2013 CHAMPIONS

2012 Champions Memorabilia

2013 Champions Memorabilia
Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The position of England coach doesn't need to be full- time. McNamara is a buffoon who would be lucky to get a gig in Championship 1, so how he's managed to get the No1 job in European rugby league is beyond me.
It was a massive mistake dubbing this as 'origin' because everyone is going to compare it with State of Origin and the Exiles games are always going to come off second best there.
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
Previous