LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1534 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2012-2013 player movements and rumours

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace 2012-2013 player movements and rumours

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 pm
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Charlie Sheen wrote:
The one he scored at the KC this year? I'd back a few to score that try if they were faced with non-tackling like that. Basically he ran the ball in a straight line and the Leeds defenders just fell off him. He showed good pace, but I don't see how that try was as special as your making out.

Ahh so it was down to Leeds non tackling and nothing to do with Briscoe showing brilliant strength to avoid been put to the ground? Right gotcha! :USTUPID:
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:53 pm
Loyal Leeds Fan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Panda92 wrote:
This one here?

http://youtu.be/KckuR-hgqfQ?t=4m1s

Yeah, that was pretty simple. Anyone could have done that. Nothing good about it at all. Complete mediocrity. :roll: :roll:

edit: Before any mods remove the link, the youtube account that uploaded it is run by the RFL. It's the channel that they upload highlights to.

To be fair, there were some shocking tackle attempts there. Good work from Briscoe to initially break away from 3 tired forwards and back himself to get inbetween Webb and Hall, but on another day he would have been brought down - it wasn't like he was completely unplayable.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm
roversmad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Charlie Sheen wrote:
The one he scored at the KC this year? I'd back a few to score that try if they were faced with non-tackling like that. Basically he ran the ball in a straight line and the Leeds defenders just fell off him. He showed good pace, but I don't see how that try was as special as your making out.

Because he's a Hull fan. :DANCE: HTH.
Did you get rid of all the voices in your head? Do you now miss them and the things that they said?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 pm
rhinos21 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Has Briscoe ever done it under pressure in a big game

The try against was great but it was in the last minute of a game hull had already won
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:46 pm
Noah's Ark Stevo's Armpit

So, it doesn't seem like the rumour mill is running in over drive about this over there. Either the Sharks, their target and his club are very good at being covert or it's been a pie in the sky article in the Aussie rag.

I'll keep watching though

Thanks again folks
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:01 am
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Noah's Ark wrote:
Was reported in one of the Aussie Sunday Rags today that the Sharks are talking to "one of the best young centres in England"

Any idea who this might be?

Jordan Turner.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:50 am
jarvis12345 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

It was a try that showed how bad leeds defence is especially at the end of matches, however it was good strength to get through the tackle and good pace at the end to score under the posts but he wouldnt have scored that try against Wigan, a team with a good structured defence!!

It was good try but nothing more, there will be plenty better by the end of the season.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:52 am
Panda92 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Saddened! wrote:
Jordan Turner.

I really hope that you're joking.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:19 am
Mr. Zucchini Head User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

rhinos21 wrote:
Has Briscoe ever done it under pressure in a big game

The try against was great but it was in the last minute of a game hull had already won

Depends what you would class as a big game. As a Hull player I suppose he doesn't get too many opportunities to play in cup finals or play off games but he always does something special in the derbys and usually saves his big performances for the better opposition.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:31 am
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Panda92 wrote:
I really hope that you're joking.

Young? - Tick
Off contract? - Tick
Centre? - Tick
One of England's best? - I would argue again, tick.

There really aren't many decent English outside backs off contract at the moment.
PreviousNext