PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leigh Vs Batley Updates

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions Leigh Vs Batley Updates

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 pm
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It's amazing when we're watching as a neutral how we uncover the other eye and see both teams performances as well as the ref.

From a neutrals perspective he didn't appear to get too many wrong calls though I was at the other end when the touchie (who was bang in line) called the forrad pass.

The Batley outside four made it difficult for Leigh even coming up the hill and Ben Black was a bloody nuisance for Leigh all afternoon. Conversely, the Leigh forrads were never on top, oft got "out muscled" leading to a lethargic performance from the half backs.

I thought when you pulled it back to 26-20 you had Batley rocking. But again, poor ball retention near the Batley line cost you and the frustrations showed. Ill disciplined at times Leigh contributed to their own downfall today.

Play like that Thursday I will be happy.
Play rugby like I know Leigh can and it could be difficult.
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[quote="peawapp"]best team won who was the Leigh 14 ,someone from Leigh east I think,

14 was Alex Robson
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:46 pm
Toadstool User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Poor show today. Too many wrong calls at key times and a few players had one of those days although Beswick going off early put too much pressure on Ridy .

With Duffs, Mado, Goulden, Spencer and Nash hopefully back for Thursday I think we will be a stronger unit.

One bright spot was Thornley's performance - really strong.

All in all a bad day at the office but not the end of the world.

Well don Batley!
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:06 pm
batley... bob User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Well done Leigh , a good game , as all our games this season , it shows how this seasons game are all about the team that wants it most on the day , weve played you 3 times now this year and either team can beat each other , as with all teams in our division , good luck in the rail cup semi
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:07 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Cheers Bob, we'll need it !!! :D
Who was Batley's m.o.m. or the one's that did the main damage ?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:26 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Its not the end of the world , i praised Mr Stokes in another post , but today i thought he gave the bullfrogs everything , plenty high tackles from them , Matt Gardner had a nightmare game , both in defence and attack , he dropped a decent ball which was a certain try , but our forwards were well beaten , their number 10 was a monster .

Still roll on Thursday i think it will be a different team them and PR will have them fired up ready for the game of their lives .
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 pm
batley... bob User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Budgiezilla wrote:
Cheers Bob, we'll need it !!! :D
Who was Batley's m.o.m. or the one's that did the main damage ?

Ben Black m.o.m , 1 to 17 did the main damage :D
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

batley... bob wrote:

Ben Black had a good game , no doubt , and for a quarter of the game , especially in the first half he was injured , double up with back pain .
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm
Leyther_Matt User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Best side won, no grumbles from me. We've got a pretty horrendous injury situation at the minute, not helped by Beswick going off early doors, but that's the risk we take when trying to run with a smaller squad. Game might have been a little different had Gardner not spilled the ball with the line begging at 26-20 but even then I think a bonus point would have been pretty unjust. We just weren't at the races, and credit to Batley for taking advantage of it.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

batley... bob wrote:

cheers bob
PreviousNext