PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Points deduction?

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm
MDF User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

KECO wrote:
Yet again the rfl have cocked it up again keighley got imposed with a 9 point deduction for entering administration and had to take it the following season which meant relegation again. iam sorry but this is why our rugby league is far behind times with the likes of australia every club knows the rules and regulations, here its just well.. we'll give wakefield -4, crusaders -4, Whitehaven -9 keighley -9 who knows maybe bradford -2 it should be the SAME in every division. No matter what the teams history is.

More points per match are at stake in the championship. 9 points there = 3 matches = 6 points in SL.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm
Asim User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

KECO wrote:
Yet again the rfl have cocked it up again keighley got imposed with a 9 point deduction for entering administration and had to take it the following season which meant relegation again.

Keighley went into administration three months after the season had ended, in December 2009, you can't seriously think the penalty should have been applied to the season that had finished? What would be the point of that?

The reason there is a penalty attached to going into administration is to deter teams from spending money they don't have, and thus gaining an advantage over teams who live within their means.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm
KECO Stevo's Armpit

All iam saying is its one rule for and one rule for another, make it all the same then its clear for all to yes super league may be completly different to the championship and champ 1 and i know it is ive watched it long enough, but theres teams in championship that would give some of the lower tier in super league a pretty good game i think, I dont why super league has to be seen as different sport. If i had the responsibility at red hall i would scrap the licence its crap totally spoilt it for me theres no excitement of promotion and heart ache of relegation not that anybody wants it :SNOOTY: but maybe that why attendance are dwindling away cause to a degree theres nowt to play for. I appreciate your going through some tough times and are worried, but iam sure you'll get your way in the end you always do!. :roll:
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:10 pm
debaser User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

KECO wrote:
All iam saying is its one rule for and one rule for another, make it all the same then its clear for all to yes super league may be completly different to the championship and champ 1 and i know it is ive watched it long enough, but theres teams in championship that would give some of the lower tier in super league a pretty good game i think, I dont why super league has to be seen as different sport. If i had the responsibility at red hall i would scrap the licence its crap totally spoilt it for me theres no excitement of promotion and heart ache of relegation not that anybody wants it :SNOOTY: but maybe that why attendance are dwindling away cause to a degree theres nowt to play for. I appreciate your going through some tough times and are worried, but iam sure you'll get your way in the end you always do!. :roll:

And breathe...
I'll be the first to admit this is a bright but haunted age.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:13 pm
paulwalker71 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If we get 4 points deducted we'd be two points behind 8th place Hull KR, and they still have to come to Odsal

To be honest, I'd take that at this stage
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:23 pm
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The team we have left for the last 8 games might well be somewhat weaker though unfortunately. I can't see how we'll have the same squad when cuts have to be made. I think the play offs are perhaps the least of our worries right now, reality check time maybe?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm
inside man User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bully_Boxer wrote:
The team we have left for the last 8 games might well be somewhat weaker though unfortunately. I can't see how we'll have the same squad when cuts have to be made. I think the play offs are perhaps the least of our worries right now, reality check time maybe?

Needed a long time ago, really wish you guys had kept the 500k for the newco.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:57 pm
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

inside man wrote:
Needed a long time ago, really wish you guys had kept the 500k for the newco.

What 500k? Can we please dispel this myth that the supporters would have half a million pounds to invest. Part of that pledge money total was made up of gate receipts from the Leeds game and the auction held by the Bulls. Let's not forget the other fun raising activites by the club that raised significant amounts like the car wash, virtual tickets, 600 free for the Widnes away game and a huge personal donation from Steve O'Connor of £10,000. The club would still have needed an investor and the wage bill would still have needed to be been funded somehow.

BullBuilder has been running for quite some time now and attracting members willing to contribute isn't an easy task. What makes you believe the same amount of people would have been willing to give their money to people they don't even know. Some no doubt would.. Plenty probably wouldn't.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:55 pm
wereutherein1987? User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wonder if the Bulls legends of yester years will get their auctioned GF winning shirts back and/or their SL rings?

sickening to see all this was for nothing (and people knew), but hey ho a few points deduction will suffice.

RFL = JOKE.
Watch out the Fax are coming
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 pm
dboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

wereutherein1987? wrote:
Wonder if the Bulls legends of yester years will get their auctioned GF winning shirts back and/or their SL rings?

sickening to see all this was for nothing (and people knew), but hey ho a few points deduction will suffice.

RFL = JOKE.

You can't blame the RFL for conning half a million out of fans, businesses, former-players and an SL chairman.

That gem of smoke and mirrors is entirely down to the Bulls BoD.
PreviousNext