PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Oh the joys of being a Salford fan

Board index Super League Salford Red Devils - scarletturkey.com Oh the joys of being a Salford fan

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 pm
Red Preacher User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ave It! wrote:
Sorry to be a pessimist as usual. But I will buy everyone on the Turkey a pint if we beat Hull KR (which we won't) because thats what Salford are all about! World beaters one week and a bunch of sh*t heads players the next!

Could you clarify what you mean by a pint (water/beer/spirits?) only I for one REALLY hope we beat the er-ners and this "pint" materialises... :lol:
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 am
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

It seams there is a simple solution to Salford's up and down form.
Don't defend. Just attack all game.

Ta da!!!

You just need a kick chase that can pin teams in goal every set and hey presto you will be putting 50 on everyone.
Saddened! wrote:
Whatever happens they have all been magnificent. Even Wello.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 am
Red John Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bewareshadows wrote:

Ta da!!!

You just need a kick chase that can pin teams in goal every set and hey presto you will be putting 50 on everyone.

That's pretty much how it went on Friday night, at least for the first hour.
Someday, somewhere, today’s empires are tomorrow’s ashes.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 am
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Red John wrote:
That's pretty much how it went on Friday night, at least for the first hour.

Seriously though, it is actually a game plan, one that Saints used to employ prior to SL and whilst it did not win us many leagues, it got us in contention and made for entertaining days from the terraces. Long term defence will have to be worked on, but that may take a change in the playing staff to bring that along. Obviously you can't just let teams have a free run, but attack does seam to be your strength so why not play to it.
Saddened! wrote:
Whatever happens they have all been magnificent. Even Wello.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 am
Michigan red User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I thought the new play with Patten kicking worked as obviously teams are looking for him and DJ linking from deep.

I watched that Friday and you could just see Sean Long in every attacking play.

Forget the team being broken up for me the most important signing for next season and beyond is Longy.
SIG REMOVED DUE TO TOY THROWING INCIDENT.

ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013

Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all.

Foe is our friend.
mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey
All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:32 am
13 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Michigan red wrote:
Forget the team being broken up for me the most important signing for next season and beyond is Longy.

Absolutely could not agree more with that statement!
Todd Snape Wilkinson Koukash
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:49 pm
redtillamdead79 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Personally i thought Vinnie Anderson had a stormer on friday, best game by a mile in a salford shirt, he has a lot of critics but i thought personally he was mom!!!!
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:07 pm
reds89 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

redtillamdead79 wrote:
Personally i thought Vinnie Anderson had a stormer on friday, best game by a mile in a salford shirt, he has a lot of critics but i thought personally he was mom!!!!

I agree with this fully. Especially his half an hour or so at hooker. I actually think it was his stint at hooker that helped us to get the role on to win the game towards the end of the 1st half, start of the 2nd. His scoot from dummy half which led to Pattens first was great hooker play.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 pm
Red Preacher User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

bewareshadows wrote:

Ta da!!!

:CLAP: What I've said for the last two months!
Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm
Red-Devils-PAW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Rooted Red wrote:
Last night epitomised why the die-hards hang in there season after season.

Weakened Warrington or not, I was expecting us to get battered, and instead watched one of those 'once a season' sublime performances.

Where do they come from? Who knows, but when it happens it's such a JOY!

.....................and yes, we'll probably be back to square one next game!!!!!

Well done on being quoted in this weeks RLE.
Well done on your prescience - Ref S Ganson TJ G Stokes TJ A Sweet IG P Stockman IG M Kidd RR C Dean TK C Morris MC S Taylor - for Sunday at Hull KR.
DJ and Joel both in the Exiles side for tomorrow night.

Nah.The victory against Warrington was just the launchpad. :ROCKS:
Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.
PreviousNext