PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Good or Bad?

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:53 am
bullboy1997 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

apparently bateman has said on twitter that he will not sign for anyone else...
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:08 am
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

rhinoms wrote:
FWIW Sammut and young Donaldson were at Headingley on Tuesday night for the 9's and JS was saying that 99% of the players were already talking to other clubs about their futures and had been for a while.
I suppose you can't blame them plus according to many Bateman to Wire is nailed on!!

Biggest surprise would be that only 99% were looking around. Don't blame them one iota, I'm sure I would be, in their shoes.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:50 am
paulwalker71 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bulliac wrote:
Biggest surprise would be that only 99% were looking around. Don't blame them one iota, I'm sure I would be, in their shoes.

Whilst I fully agree with that I'd hope that the players will hold off on making any decisions until the Admin / Liquidation issue has been sorted out - after all it really is only until next weekend.

I think the fans deserve that after stumping up the £500K in March / April.

If we go into liquidation or some sort of half-assed package is put together that asks them all to defer wages or take massive pay cuts, then fair enough, and they go with my best wishes and thanks for their efforts this season.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:49 pm
Thackley Bulls Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Problem for the players is that there are only so many Super League places available and squads are filling up already. If it all goes well there will still be players released. The players have shown massive commitment but its families futures and mortgages.
Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 am
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

paulwalker71 wrote:
Whilst I fully agree with that I'd hope that the players will hold off on making any decisions until the Admin / Liquidation issue has been sorted out - after all it really is only until next weekend.

I think the fans deserve that after stumping up the £500K in March / April.

If we go into liquidation or some sort of half-assed package is put together that asks them all to defer wages or take massive pay cuts, then fair enough, and they go with my best wishes and thanks for their efforts this season.

I think the players have already shown their commitment, to be honest. If/when liquidation happens it's probable that the players would benefit from extra help in getting new deals via the RFL, just as the former Crusaders did, though it does seem the authority (not unnaturally) seems keen that the Bulls finish the season. At the end of the day though, if the club is adhering to their contracts they can't just go now, so anything they make provisional plans for would be for next season if occ, or in case of being wound up if not occ. If it doesn't happen before let's hope something turns up after the deadline...
Previous