PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Catalan v saints

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:50 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Thinking of going.

Can anyone recommend any good deals for going over or has anyone booked their on flight and just gone?
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 pm
exileinpietown Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

We're going with the company from Warrington. Fly Liverpool to Barcelona Thursday 7 am transfer to Lloret then travel to Perpignan lunchtime Friday and then back to Lloret after match then all day Saturday and most of sSunday before flying back to Liverpool. £479 all in including match ticket.
I'll post you the link if you're interested
There are no pies left in this van overnight!
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:19 am
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

HOW MUCH???????????
WIGAN RLFC
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:49 am
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

It's not too bad when you consider the days there. If you look at flying to and from perpignan on this site it's almost that amount for flights alone.

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/man/p ... urce=CJ_UK

And if you like trains then a journey from liverpool to perpignan will set you back a cool £440

It's a bloomin expensive away leg.
Saddened! wrote:
Whatever happens they have all been magnificent. Even Wello.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 am
Judder Man User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

A couple of times we did a very cheap Easy Jet flight to Carcassonne from Liverpool. Picked up a hire car outside of Arrivals, then a pleasant scenic drive to Perpignan about 80 mins.
Think you can get a train as well from Carcassonne station to Perpignan, but you have to change at Narbonne which adds time to the journey about 120 mins.
Last edited by Judder Man on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The new dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Charnock-Thompson-Jones-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:15 am
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

exileinpietown wrote:
We're going with the company from Warrington. Fly Liverpool to Barcelona Thursday 7 am transfer to Lloret then travel to Perpignan lunchtime Friday and then back to Lloret after match then all day Saturday and most of sSunday before flying back to Liverpool. £479 all in including match ticket.
I'll post you the link if you're interested

Thanks for that and yes please post the link.

A mate of mine who went over for another game just booked the flight from Liverpool to nimes, got free shuttle to nimes train station, then train straight in to Perpignan. The flights on Ryanair cost £90 for return flights.

He stopped two nights (can't remember hotel) at £55 per night. £18 for match ticket.

So with the train tickets I'd say he did it for £250.
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:17 am
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Judder Man wrote:
A couple of times we did a very cheap Easy Jet flight to Carcassonne from Liverpool. Picked up a hire car outside of Arrivals, then a pleasant scenic drive to Perpignan.
Think you can get a train as well from Carcassonne station to Perpignan.

How far is carcassonne to Perpignan ?

I've no idea where places are in France at all
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:18 am
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

For the Wigan game 3 of us drove to Doncaster and parked the car. Flew to Girona. Taxi to Lloret Stayed all inclusive for 3 nights. Travelled to Montpellier with CST and went to the game, Taxi back to airport, flight to Donny, drive home etc for less than £250 and with the small amount of spends it cost me £355
WIGAN RLFC
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:22 am
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Conroy wrote:
For the Wigan game 3 of us drove to Doncaster and parked the car. Flew to Girona. Taxi to Lloret Stayed all inclusive for 3 nights. Travelled to Montpellier with CST and went to the game, Taxi back to airport, flight to Donny, drive home etc for less than £250 and with the small amount of spends it cost me £355

Wigan played in different place then?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 am
Judder Man User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

St pete wrote:
How far is carcassonne to Perpignan ?

I've no idea where places are in France at all

About 30 miles, we use to watch a rugby league game at Carcassonne as well. Problem is with the air fare being very cheap it gets booked up fast
The new dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Charnock-Thompson-Jones-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Next