FC-Steward User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Is this a rumours thread about new signings or jealous ex fans
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:28 pm
Jake the Peg Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Only thing that helps me about your post is that I now know you watch very little RL apart from FC.

Baldy, I don't care what Dobson didn't win in the NRL, we play in SL and that's where it counts. Bet you wish he had signed for you guys!

Tommy saxton's SL career was more successful than dobson's
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 pm
FC Wembley 08 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Rocknhulla wrote:
why?

Because he's not. He's happy with his family in Huddersfield and they have no desire to return to Hull. Huddersfield also don't require the money so a cash offer is pointless!!
EL CAMO wrote:
The majority of fans at Craven Park...are idiots who know nothing about the game.
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm
tommyfromhull User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Jake the Peg wrote:

Brilliantly true :lol:
"In Any Kind of Weather"
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm
kathy kirk Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jake the Peg wrote:

That is so cruel ----- .but true :)
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 pm
MrPhilb User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

tommyfromhull wrote:
Brilliantly true :lol:

And Craig Fitzgibbons

What is your point?
HULL KINGSTON ROVERS is my religion, Craven Park is my church and Michael Dobson is my God
Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 pm
tommyfromhull User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

MrPhilb wrote:
And Craig Fitzgibbons

What is your point?

How many years was Fitz here? Compare that to the number of seasons of Saxton and Dobson in the SL. Your comment is null and void.

Tommy Saxton > Michael Dobson.
"In Any Kind of Weather"
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am
MrPhilb User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

tommyfromhull wrote:
How many years was Fitz here? Compare that to the number of seasons of Saxton and Dobson in the SL. Your comment is null and void.

Tommy Saxton > Michael Dobson.

Correct

By the same token

Ricky Bibey > Andy Lynch
HULL KINGSTON ROVERS is my religion, Craven Park is my church and Michael Dobson is my God
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:35 am
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It gets worse.
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:24 am
Rupert Pupkin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mrs Barista wrote:
It's "been". I wouldn't argue any such thing. Rovers fans were wetting themselves at your depth in the forwards in the off-season, and used the description "paper-thin" on multiple occasions, even Mild Rover himself IIRC, to describe our squad. Hardly surprising you'll finish 4th in that context.

You're very confident Rovers will be "rocking" next season, I see. Good. Why would Hudgell be cutting back on spending when the North will be open to deliver his 10k break even? Inconsistent.

Again, with AP signing players of world class calibre(his words not mine)you are more than likely to be stronger on paper than we will be next season. As MrPhilb pointed out, the game is won on the pitch and looking at our consistant appearances in the play-offs, we seemed to have faired far better than you guys over recent years.

You will never hear me knocking Ellis because I think he is a world class player but not sure how many games he has played this season, I know he has been out for a good while. Arundal has missed the majority of this season, again due to injury but Watts has had off field troubles and has just not been good enough to make the 17 on many occasions in the last 2 years to get into what some FC fan earlier described as a 's**t' HKR team.
The good thing about all this is that all the players are going to be fresh and ready to go.

IMO you guys have not strengthed, forget buying a world class S/R forward, your problem has and still is you have had no quality in halves for years, how the club have not recognised this, I have no idea.
Phil Clarke wrote:
Hull KR rising as they have as a club, to be the major force over in the city of Hull, its an absolutely amazing growth of development. If you have to single out one reason why, I think its because of a dynamic figure head and the chairman there in my opinion seems to be the man.

Neil Hudgell wrote:
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share.
PreviousNext