REGISTER OR LOGIN FOR MORE FEATURES RLFANS HAVE OVER 115,000 UNIQUE USERS EACH MONTH FEWER ADVERTS AND MORE STATISTICS!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lets blame Tony!

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Lets blame Tony!

Re: Lets blame Tony!

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 pm
Builth Wells Wire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Wigan Peer wrote:
Terrific win for Catalan today.... :WHISTLE:

An even better one for Leeds. :ASS:
Wigan Peer wrote:
I'm sure it would have been a wonderful game if the glamorous "Cup kings" were there... Sadly, you were not, and the RL world had to make do with second rate teams and a second rate match...

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 pm
Winslade's Offload Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Builth Wells Wire wrote:
An even better one for Leeds. :ASS:

:lol: :lol:

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I saw this great post from a Salford fan on their board:

I have not in the past been a great fan of Tony Smith.Despite him being very well thought of by Huddersfield people;those at Leeds and those in the GB/England set-up,and I have considered his interviews to be a little
'awkward'.
I now have the utmost respect for him as a genuine man as he made it his business to go to the side of the field at the players tunnel to not only go through a routine handshake but to make a point of seeking out each Salford player,giving a very warm,meaningful handshake,patting each on the back and saying a few words while giving the appearance of 'thanking' the Salford players for effectively giving a display of scintillating rugby league which he greatly admired and was privileged to witness.
For those players young or otherwise,having played internationally or otherwise,it must have been a very rare
moment in their careers,and memorable,when an opposition coach has conducted himself in such a manner.
From a guy with such an experienced and successful coaching career that must mean a huge amount and as it reflects on our coaches who have only been in post for 5 minutes - who have now beaten the longest serving Super league coach,Nathan Brown at Huddersfield,and Tony Smith himself,4 and 3 years respectively,I was delighted for them.

As an incentive to potential investors a greater demonstration could not have been bettered by our coaches and players.

I've always thought that TS despite coming over awkwardly sometimes in interviews is a great example of manners and how to conduct himself, I'd put him up with Frank Endacott and Mike Gregory for personal qualities as a coach
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011
Previous