PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 pm
Panda92 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It would be good if someone who has a good understanding of the salary cap could write up a FAQ style post about it and stick it at the top of the board. That'd save these discussions happening every couple of weeks.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 pm
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Airliebird94 wrote:
You could have let me keep my wonderful thread :(

One rumours thread at a time is more than enough. :)

Plus we were recently told that the old 1000 post limit doesn't matter any more, so as the title suggests this one could quite literally go on forever...
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm
Robbo4 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

carl_spackler wrote:
I suppose hopefully it means promoting more youngsters, as any with few appearances in previous seasons are cap exempt aren't they? Makes clubs have to be more responsible for producing young players who are near to stepping up rather than being able to fall back on other clubs who do do things the right way doing it for them. In all honesty we've become one of the most guilty of this, so I kind of welcome that by-product of the method.

I'm not saying it's an ideal system, I can just understand why it's in place and can't personally think of a better alternative.

And it's not a gradually reducing cap, it's simply choosing not to spend all of it.

Right just to clarify then. Club A is spending maximum cap. Club A release a player who was on 120k after 6 months leaving 60k spare. Club A now recruit a new player on exactly the same wages pro rata of 120k a year. As only 6 months of the season remain the new player will actually only be payed 60k so Club has not spent more than the maximum allowed. However, the RFL rule states that you are paying that player 10k a month and that now has to apply to the whole year so even though you haven't physically payed out more than salary cap maximum the RFL are saying you have overspent by 60k.

Barmy.
Cuddle Club Rules

1. You dont talk about Cuddle club

2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CUDDLE CLUB!!!!

PS3 tag = Robbo_4444
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:31 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Kosh wrote:
One rumours thread at a time is more than enough. :)

Plus we were recently told that the old 1000 post limit doesn't matter any more, so as the title suggests this one could quite literally go on forever...

Haha ok, only did it for a laugh anyway :)
"Old Faithful in ANY kind of weather"
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar

Signed for the remainder of the year and on a 3 year deal! :D
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:42 pm
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Has Benji been over here secretly hanging about with Jamie Ellis and O'Meley? He's put on plenty of timber!
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar

A unknown superstar wrote:
Has Benji been over here secretly hanging about with Jamie Ellis and O'Meley? He's put on plenty of timber!

Yes, yes he has.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm
*1865* User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JedRust wrote:
I had heard we've also pulled out the McDonnell deal, hope so not keen on him

Would be difficult to find better, tbh. I don't want Webb!
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:09 pm
jacko1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Robbo4 wrote:
Right just to clarify then. Club A is spending maximum cap. Club A release a player who was on 120k after 6 months leaving 60k spare. Club A now recruit a new player on exactly the same wages pro rata of 120k a year. As only 6 months of the season remain the new player will actually only be payed 60k so Club has not spent more than the maximum allowed. However, the RFL rule states that you are paying that player 10k a month and that now has to apply to the whole year so even though you haven't physically payed out more than salary cap maximum the RFL are saying you have overspent by 60k.

Barmy.

If that's how the salary cap is now worked out we've broken it :lol: .

From what I've been told it goes on what you will spend a year on the cap, basically you get a player mid way through the season as long as you have enough on your cap to cover his wages for the rest of the season your fine. it isn't worked out on a monthly basis or as the above states.

What they mean by a live salary cap is that if you recruit a player and that player will make you break the cap you will be punished in the current season not after the season.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm
Stanley Unwin Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

east hull FC fan wrote:
Would be difficult to find better, tbh. I don't want Webb!

Pulling out of a deal for McDonnell might well mean that the club have secured the services of a new half back and Richard Horne will be 1st choice full back
PreviousNext