REGISTER OR LOGIN FOR MORE FEATURES RLFANS HAVE OVER 115,000 UNIQUE USERS EACH MONTH FEWER ADVERTS AND MORE STATISTICS!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours Ad Infinitum
 

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 pm
Panda92 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 2910
It would be good if someone who has a good understanding of the salary cap could write up a FAQ style post about it and stick it at the top of the board. That'd save these discussions happening every couple of weeks.
Image

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 pm
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 35524
Location: Leafy Worcester, home of the Black Pear
Airliebird94 wrote:
You could have let me keep my wonderful thread :(

One rumours thread at a time is more than enough. :)

Plus we were recently told that the old 1000 post limit doesn't matter any more, so as the title suggests this one could quite literally go on forever...
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm
Robbo4 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:10 pm
Posts: 15966
Location: Boulevard with my balls of steel!
carl_spackler wrote:
I suppose hopefully it means promoting more youngsters, as any with few appearances in previous seasons are cap exempt aren't they? Makes clubs have to be more responsible for producing young players who are near to stepping up rather than being able to fall back on other clubs who do do things the right way doing it for them. In all honesty we've become one of the most guilty of this, so I kind of welcome that by-product of the method.

I'm not saying it's an ideal system, I can just understand why it's in place and can't personally think of a better alternative.

And it's not a gradually reducing cap, it's simply choosing not to spend all of it.


Right just to clarify then. Club A is spending maximum cap. Club A release a player who was on 120k after 6 months leaving 60k spare. Club A now recruit a new player on exactly the same wages pro rata of 120k a year. As only 6 months of the season remain the new player will actually only be payed 60k so Club has not spent more than the maximum allowed. However, the RFL rule states that you are paying that player 10k a month and that now has to apply to the whole year so even though you haven't physically payed out more than salary cap maximum the RFL are saying you have overspent by 60k.

Barmy.
Cuddle Club Rules

1. You dont talk about Cuddle club

2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT CUDDLE CLUB!!!!

PS3 tag = Robbo_4444

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:31 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm
Posts: 279
Location: West Hull!
Kosh wrote:
One rumours thread at a time is more than enough. :)

Plus we were recently told that the old 1000 post limit doesn't matter any more, so as the title suggests this one could quite literally go on forever...


Haha ok, only did it for a laugh anyway :)
"Old Faithful in ANY kind of weather"

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:34 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm
Posts: 279
Location: West Hull!
Image


Signed for the remainder of the year and on a 3 year deal! :D
"Old Faithful in ANY kind of weather"

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:42 pm
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 8660
Location: King George Dock
Has Benji been over here secretly hanging about with Jamie Ellis and O'Meley? He's put on plenty of timber!
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm
Posts: 279
Location: West Hull!
A unknown superstar wrote:
Has Benji been over here secretly hanging about with Jamie Ellis and O'Meley? He's put on plenty of timber!


Yes, yes he has.
"Old Faithful in ANY kind of weather"

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm
*1865* User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm
Posts: 13066
JedRust wrote:
I had heard we've also pulled out the McDonnell deal, hope so not keen on him

Would be difficult to find better, tbh. I don't want Webb!

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:09 pm
jacko1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:09 pm
Posts: 1729
Location: HULL
Robbo4 wrote:
Right just to clarify then. Club A is spending maximum cap. Club A release a player who was on 120k after 6 months leaving 60k spare. Club A now recruit a new player on exactly the same wages pro rata of 120k a year. As only 6 months of the season remain the new player will actually only be payed 60k so Club has not spent more than the maximum allowed. However, the RFL rule states that you are paying that player 10k a month and that now has to apply to the whole year so even though you haven't physically payed out more than salary cap maximum the RFL are saying you have overspent by 60k.

Barmy.


If that's how the salary cap is now worked out we've broken it :lol: .

From what I've been told it goes on what you will spend a year on the cap, basically you get a player mid way through the season as long as you have enough on your cap to cover his wages for the rest of the season your fine. it isn't worked out on a monthly basis or as the above states.

What they mean by a live salary cap is that if you recruit a player and that player will make you break the cap you will be punished in the current season not after the season.
Image

Re: Rumours Ad Infinitum

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm
Stanley Unwin Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm
Posts: 1617
east hull FC fan wrote:
Would be difficult to find better, tbh. I don't want Webb!


Pulling out of a deal for McDonnell might well mean that the club have secured the services of a new half back and Richard Horne will be 1st choice full back
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bebe, Bing [Bot], DannyB, Sheephead and 33 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk






RL FANS ONLINE:751
RL FANS MEMBERS:73,436
Unique Monthly Users 115,000