LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 2049 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

Board index Other Sports Other Sports Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.

Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Ordsall Quays Red wrote:
As I suspected and said all along, the first decent team to have a proper go at that German defence ripped them a new one. They were woeful and it was hugely amusing seeing them seeing their "destiny" blow up in their faces. Arrogant gets. 16 years and counting now...

Our 0-0 looks a better result now than it did on Sunday...
:wink:

Well it will be almost definitely 20 at least, because they won't win in Brazil.
Mind you, we can beat that by thirty ...... :(
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
Gandy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sounds like their actually trying to go for a gold then. What's point playing players just for the sake of it when theirs better players than whats from those countries? If that was the case Beckham would have been picked!
Cibaman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Gandy wrote:
Sounds like their actually trying to go for a gold then. What's point playing players just for the sake of it when theirs better players than whats from those countries? If that was the case Beckham would have been picked!

Dont think sports like football and tennis should be in the Olympics so cant say I'm bothered whether or not the Scots, Irish or Beckham plays.

I am curious as to how the players will prepare for a tournament that co-incides with pre season. Will they treat it as a normal pre season tournament where games are fitted in amongst the endurance training? Or will Pearce try to get them to come from the beach and then try to peak for the tournament? Could be the potential for a few muscle injuries if they dont get it right.
Wilbred T Pricklepop Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

8)

Fancied Italy to do well right from the start:

Wilbred T Pricklepop wrote:
Just put a bet on italy to win the tournament.

I think they'll beat germany in the semi final 2-1 with balotelli leading the way, then play spain in the final

Ok, you got me, the second line i added in. In the original post on page 15 (i think) i predicted germany and italy to contest the final depending on the seeding.
Free-scoring winger

I admire the italians alot.

They just get the business done don't they? They come into these major tournaments and no one really ever raves about them, they normally have 1 or 2 world class players in their ranks, they come out, normally start with a few scratchy draws and just grow into the tournaments.

They've won more world cups than any other european team and would have more than any team full stop had it not been for a certain roberto baggio penalty in 94.

They've contested a major final every 6 years since 94....and of course, the germans can't beat them either :D

I quite like their style of football as well, though i can't put my finger on it. It's not high tempo or fast paced, it's not too direct, they are not overly defensive despite their reputation, but they play more direct than spain.

They just seem to wait for the right moments and then play the killer passes.

If only england could be like this.....
Free-scoring winger

Asim wrote:
Germany didn't change their style whatsoever as far as I could tell, just tinkered with their personnel.

For all the merits of Germany's play, and intent, they don't have the ability to control the game like Spain, and Italy, can.

It's a young team and work in progress, they will learn and get better in the coming years.

All these smarmy smug comments about germany, they are in a much better position than england are.
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
PreviousNext