PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Do you think we will survive?

Do you think we will survive?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Yes as a SL club
41%
Yes as a reformed club in CC1
37%
No
22%

Total votes : 87

Re: Do you think we will survive?

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 pm
Adeybull User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quite possibly so, especially should fans conclude for any reason that they and others have been pawns in some great game being played, and matters need not have come to what they did. But the Bulls, in some form would still have been saved, and there would still be a team in some form to support. And fans support teams, not who or whatever takes up residence in the boardroom.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 am
Bullpower 100% League Network
100% League Network

Location: No longer in Yorkshire . . . . it's sunny Cornwall from here on in :)
I would be happier to say that we can survive . . . IF the RFL hadn't put the " . . . and we'll take another look at the end of the season" bit on their statement about the Bulls continuing in Super League.

Would someone "new" really want to invest a large amount of money in something that may only be for a few months . . . . ???

(I'm a cup half empty bloke at the moment :( )
"The most unimpartial moderator I have ever seen on a message board" Image
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image . . . . Transferring Souls Since Eternity

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 am
Cibaman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullpower wrote:
I would be happier to say that we can survive . . . IF the RFL hadn't put the " . . . and we'll take another look at the end of the season" bit on their statement about the Bulls continuing in Super League.

Would someone "new" really want to invest a large amount of money in something that may only be for a few months . . . . ???

(I'm a cup half empty bloke at the moment :( )

The RFL's main priority appears to be that a Bradford Bulls team, of any standard, completes the season. I think it will be extremely difficult for someone "new" to come in and do that. Obviously if someone bought the club lock,stock and barrel as a going concern and kept most of the existing backroom staff that would be possible. But that seems to be a very unlikely outcome. And virtually impossible if we go into liquidation. In those circumatances, only someone with a thorough understanding of the club would be able set up a Newco and be able to put on matches in a very short period of time.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 am
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Cibaman wrote:
The RFL's main priority appears to be that a Bradford Bulls team, of any standard, completes the season. I think it will be extremely difficult for someone "new" to come in and do that. Obviously if someone bought the club lock,stock and barrel as a going concern and kept most of the existing backroom staff that would be possible. But that seems to be a very unlikely outcome. And virtually impossible if we go into liquidation. In those circumatances, only someone with a thorough understanding of the club would be able set up a Newco and be able to put on matches in a very short period of time.

If the newco kept the staff there would be no problem with putting on matches. The staff would do what they've always done, or at least a variation on it, dependent on finances.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 am
Northernrelic Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Whichever "entity" is hopefully putting out a team for the rest of the season the gate receipts from the remaining four games will be critical. The first two: London and Widnes aren't likely to provide many away supporters - but perhaps the two lots of Hull fans might be more help?

I can see on another thread there is going to be a big away following for the Bulls at Wigan - but if we do get out of the current state of limbo then the clicks through the Odsal turnstiles will be vital

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 am
Cibaman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bulliac wrote:
If the newco kept the staff there would be no problem with putting on matches. The staff would do what they've always done, or at least a variation on it, dependent on finances.

Yes, its the "if the newco kept the staff" thats the problem. Its looking extremely unlikely that Newco will be owned by investors with sufficient resources to fund the £100k per month losses until the end of the season before they start restructuring. I think some drastic measures will need to be taken immediately, especially if the club goes into liquidation first and players and staff walk away.

I just cannot see how a "new" investor, unfamiliar with the club, would be able to keep a team on the pitch, stage matches at Odsal and carry out drastic restructuring whilst still "getting their feet under the table". Someone with experience at other clubs might do it but I'm not aware of any on the horizon.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 am
The Chronicler of Chiswic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Adeybull wrote:
Yes. As a SL club. After a "minutes from time" bid, totally out of the blue in a massive surprise to the administrator (who had no idea) and everyone else, from or backed by someone we all know and love.

ATEOTD does it matter who it is, provided he does not treat the players, staff, fans and the wider game with contempt?

Agreed. Been through this many times in London and my experience is that RL clubs and their supporters are hardy beasts and very difficult to kill off. I think that even a newco would be in SL for the simple reason that as far as I can see, there isn't a club in the Championship that's in a position to take your place at the moment.
Freedom is always the freedom of those who think differently - Rosa Luxemburg.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 am
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I've voted for the middle one. I think the RFL aren't going to let embaressments like this continue. I wound'nt be surprised if the Bulls demise to NL1 also spells the end of franchising and P & R are back on the agenda. There has been no definate answer if an NL1 team will be coming up in 2015 to replace a SL side yet and this fact could safeguard an immediate return to SL for the Bulls in 2014.
"I think music is a big, big wide world, and I am voyager on this particular ship in this sea of wild music, and I'm gonna dive in and find as many fish as I can and catch them all. I love music". Phil Anselmo - DOWN

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullpower wrote:

Some people say one thing in Public but another thing behind closed doors
Previous