WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - one man rugby
 

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:32 pm
FFA Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 821
Location: Halifax
DARE wrote:
Exactly, when he came on he didn't half get involved and he tried to organise our attack, but unfortunately it fell on death ears. He gets a 40 minutes of rugby every so often which is not enough to really show what he can do. Yes, I know his defence is abit skeptical at times but like some of us know, he's brilliant at creating opportunities and that's something that we seem to be lacking at the moment. Give the lad a chance, a proper chance.


we didn't look more organised at all when he came on our forwards were far more creative than any half back with the odd offload

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5717
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
Fev08 wrote:
Thought it would be much closer today. Good game with some pedantic reffing either way.
I'd heard a lot of good things about your fullback, but his defence on 2 of our tries was truly woeful!

As you say, I think we were far more up for this tonight, see you in the playoffs! (and/or Blackpool)


Good game???
You are having a laugh, it was poor to watch and yer Fev were miles the better team but it was not a good advert to say thses are supposed to be the top 2 teams in this league, one looked good (Fev) the other looked poor (us).

Looks like there is only one team in this league this year and it aint us.

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm
DARE User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 2028
Location: Edging ever closer to the Shay!
FFA wrote:
:lol: we had plently of ball in their 20 and looked absolutely clueless they didn't create a gap, break, chance between them. When penky doesn't play we don't score tries


No, they were both poor tonight but so was everyone else. Even if those two had been on form tonight we wouldn't have won.
#Fax2012

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:40 pm
DARE User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:41 pm
Posts: 2028
Location: Edging ever closer to the Shay!
FFA wrote:
we didn't look more organised at all when he came on our forwards were far more creative than any half back with the odd offload


Read it again, I said he tried to organise, he tried to get involved but again like I've said the whole team was poor tonight and Bowman couldn't do anything about that.
#Fax2012

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 pm
FFA Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Posts: 821
Location: Halifax
DARE wrote:
Read it again, I said he tried to organise, he tried to get involved but again like I've said the whole team was poor tonight and Bowman couldn't do anything about that.


Trying to do something isn't really the same as doing something, i just don't think the lad will go further in the game.

Handforth and Thackeray have been found out big time this season in the tough games, the forwards were greatly superior to the backs tonight and that's saying something. They don't bring their 3/4 or second rowers into play, fieldhouse is never put away like royston was, they are both desperately average championship players and we are craving some quality loanee halfbacks from somehwere

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5717
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
FFA wrote:
Trying to do something isn't really the same as doing something, i just don't think the lad will go further in the game.

Handforth and Thackeray have been found out big time this season in the tough games, the forwards were greatly superior to the backs tonight and that's saying something. They don't bring their 3/4 or second rowers into play, fieldhouse is never put away like royston was, they are both desperately average championship players and we are craving some quality loanee halfbacks from somehwere


Spot on that it must have been hugely disappointing for the hard working forwards especially Robinson, Barlow and Aizue who tried their best but we were so predictable that Fev just picked them off knowing it was going to them and not been spun out wide. Thacks just aint good enough come on he was at a poor York team last season why did we sign a player who was playing for a team that were nearly relegated , he hardly hit the headlines there did he???

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 pm
jeffvickers Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:49 pm
Posts: 1253
Location: Halifax
When Thackeray was replaced by Bowman, its as though the rest of the team don't want him involved in any of the attacking plays and tend to switch the ball the other way. There are always cliques at clubs and unfortunately, I don't think young Bowman is part of that clique. In a part time training regime, I think Handforth & Thackeray are more involved in practice. If he'd stayed on the books at Wigan in a full time environment, I do believe he'd be a better player than he is now. Personally, he needs regular game time. I'd send him on loan for the season to a lower league team & bring in another up and coming half back on loan from an SL side. If Bowman stays here, he will just stagnate & will end back up Siddal next year.

It showed tonight though how highly I rate Daryl Powell as a coach. A bog standard team on paper, but a bloody good team together with a never say die attitude & know how to snuff out any potential attacking threat. They will be league leaders this year. Guaranteed.

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5717
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
jeffvickers wrote:
When Thackeray was replaced by Bowman, its as though the rest of the team don't want him involved in any of the attacking plays and tend to switch the ball the other way. There are always cliques at clubs and unfortunately, I don't think young Bowman is part of that clique. In a part time training regime, I think Handforth & Thackeray are more involved in practice. If he'd stayed on the books at Wigan in a full time environment, I do believe he'd be a better player than he is now. Personally, he needs regular game time. I'd send him on loan for the season to a lower league team & bring in another up and coming half back on loan from an SL side. If Bowman stays here, he will just stagnate & will end back up Siddal next year.

It showed tonight though how highly I rate Daryl Powell as a coach. A bog standard team on paper, but a bloody good team together with a never say die attitude & know how to snuff out any potential attacking threat. They will be league leaders this year. Guaranteed.


Agree about Bowman but not about Fev they are a very good team on paper look again and they have the best half back in our league by miles in baldy boy Finn. Although we never tried to get to him all night we gave him acres of space, maybe once we did but agree they have a good coach, how are they affording all this I often wonder???

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:59 am
Posts: 3710
Location: Rawmarsh, Rotherham
Fax4Life wrote:
Agree about Bowman but not about Fev they are a very good team on paper look again and they have the best half back in our league by miles in baldy boy Finn. Although we never tried to get to him all night we gave him acres of space, maybe once we did but agree they have a good coach, how are they affording all this I often wonder???

A good BoD and an ability to generate a cracking amount of income from other income streams
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall

Re: one man rugby

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:11 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5717
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
A good BoD and an ability to generate a cracking amount of income from other income streams


Shame they won't get their rewards and get in SL, like us and our Board!
It will be a closed shop if Wakey get their ground sorted as I doubt they would dare relegate Cas cos well they are Cas!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD (DATE)
4,483,92380975,5744,491 (28-03-2016)
Google Analytics Unique Monthly Users : 118,226 (May 2016)
DOWNLOAD OUR NEW ANDROID APP CLICK HERE!
YOUR CLUB : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
R
L
F
A
N
A
L
Y
T
I
C
S


Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Change these prefs/or turn this off...

FIXTURES/RESULTS

W/D/L DATE COMP HOME AWAY
L Fri 23rd Sep SL STS 32 12 WAK
L Thu 15th Sep SL WAK 12 18 HFC
L Fri 9th Sep SL WAK 10 14 CAT
L Fri 2nd Sep SL CAS 46 22 WAK
L Sun 21st Aug SL WID 40 8 WAK
L Sun 14th Aug SL WAK 10 38 WAR
L Fri 5th Aug SL WIG 60 12 WAK
L Sun 24th Jul SL WAK 20 46 CAS
W Sat 16th Jul SL CAT 28 30 WAK
L Fri 8th Jul SL WIG 22 18 WAK
L Sun 3rd Jul SL WAK 32 44 STS
L Fri 17th Jun SL WAK 6 32 LEE
W Sun 12th Jun SL HUD 2 10 WAK
L Thu 2nd Jun SL WAK 16 54 HKR
L Fri 27th May SL SAL 38 8 WAK
W Sun 22nd May SL WAK 25 24 CAT
W Sun 15th May SL WAK 36 28 WAR
W Sun 8th May CC2016 WAK 40 22 TOU
W Fri 29th Apr SL WID 16 18 WAK
L Sun 24th Apr SL WAK 28 46 HFC
W Fri 15th Apr CC2016 WAK 44 10 SHE
W Sun 10th Apr SL WAK 62 0 WIG
W Sat 2nd Apr SL WAK 32 18 SAL
W Mon 28th Mar SL LEE 16 20 WAK
W Fri 25th Mar SL WAK 36 22 HUD
L Fri 18th Mar SL HFC 22 4 WAK
L Fri 11th Mar SL STS 44 4 WAK
L Sun 6th Mar SL WAK 28 42 CAT
L Fri 26th Feb SL WAR 34 16 WAK
W Sun 21st Feb SL HKR 12 14 WAK
L Sun 14th Feb SL CAS 40 6 WAK
L Sun 7th Feb SL WAK 16 24 WID
Tab two Tab three

Copyrite RLFanalytics 2016
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  4th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
TOULOUSE
v
BATLEY  
  5th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
SWINTON
v
LONDON  
  5th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
ROCHDALE
v
DEWSBURY  
  5th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
OLDHAM
v
SHEFFIELD  
  5th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
HULL KR
v
BRADFORD  
  5th Feb : 15:00
CH-R1
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE  
  9th Feb : 20:00
SL-R1
ST. HELENS
v
LEEDSTV  
  10th Feb : 20:00
SL-R1
WIDNES
v
HUDDERSFIELD  
  10th Feb : 20:00
SL-R1
CASTLEFORD
v
LEIGHTV  
  11th Feb : 15:00
SL-R1
SALFORD
v
WIGAN  
  11th Feb : 18:00
SL-R1
CATALANS
v
WARRINGTONTV