PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - And so it begins.....

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 am
☺East-Sard☺ User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

When are the exciting plans for the South Stand going to be released? Recall June being mentioned many times ...
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:58 am
Paul T - HKR User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

There's still two and a bit days to go!
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:27 pm
Easty User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Heard today that the latest mini hold up has being wrangling's with the council over the lease agreements and how much Rovers will have to pay to rent parts on matchdays. This has come from the H&P site manager who says the money is all in place whilst also a small amount of piling has actually already taken place.
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:37 pm
WormInHand User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Boring.
Philip Larkin wrote:

There ain’t no music
East side of this city
That’s mellow like mine is,
That’s mellow like mine.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 pm
GraftonRed User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

WormInHand wrote:
Boring.

No, piling, 2 different things really.

The Police station on Clough road seemed to have nothing happening for months, then up it shot like a weed after a rainstorm.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 am
Paul T - HKR User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Easty wrote:
Heard today that the latest mini hold up has being wrangling's with the council over the lease agreements and how much Rovers will have to pay to rent parts on matchdays. This has come from the H&P site manager who says the money is all in place whilst also a small amount of piling has actually already taken place.

Whenever the Council are involved its a constant too'ing and thro'ing over the minutest of detail. I've heard the latest round is over a request by Rovers to prioritise the floodlights because Rovers have been hit with a Sky-bill re the Catalans match. Mike Smith et al thought the stress ended when the build started, its only just begun! Like you say, though, at least the money is in place.

From what I heard, the lull (for want of a better word) is now, thankfully, down to what AS stated a few weeks ago - lead time on orders ie steel, concrete sections etc.

A relative of mine worked on the KC construction (one of the few locals) and he said the first 3 months of the build was as if nothing was happening. Off-site though was a different story; apparently the concrete sections for seating took 10-12 weeks to do - add the lead time and you gain an insight into the delays.

I guess we will all feel as though something is happening once the steel structuring work begins, until then it will be the usual trolling from cynics, doubters and more cynics. Then when it is built we will be hit with claims of 'white elephant' etc, you know how it works.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 am
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Easty wrote:

Ok Easty, I will believe you if you can tell me the first name of the site manager. I know the guy in question so if you get it wrong then your credibility is down the pan and you will be banished to the HDM pages for the rest of the season.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:37 am
Paul T - HKR User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

LifeLongHKRFan wrote:
Ok Easty, I will believe you if you can tell me the first name of the site manager. I know the guy in question so if you get it wrong then your credibility is down the pan and you will be banished to the HDM pages for the rest of the season.

Doh! Whats stopping Easty from ringing H&P up and obtaining the site managers name? I think it is you who has lost credibility with this suggestion.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:45 am
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I was counting on him not being that clever ;-)
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am
bishops finger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

LifeLongHKRFan wrote:

Rumplestiltskin ???
PreviousNext