PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New website

What do you think of the new website?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 am

Love it
58%
not sure
33%
should of stayed with the old one
8%

Total votes : 24

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm
Leeeigh Leeeigh Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Excellent effort. Not knocking the last one - because that was improvement on the previous one, but definately prefer this layout. Looks really good. Well done!! :)
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The layout is good.

Tired of seeing "Coming soon" on most of the pages now
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 pm
Harold Rigby Jnr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Agreed. Whilst the lay out looks promising, I really do not see the point of removing all informative content about Leigh RL to launching one that merely says everything is 'coming soon'. It's rather silly.

I don't know about anyone else but when I take time to look up a product or service on the interweb, messages such as 'site under construction' or 'coming soon' just infuriate me and a waste of my time.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:00 pm
DemonUK User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

There is a post explaining everything as to why it currently looks as it does, in response to my similar post to yours
Sorry folks, but no Forecast Comp this year
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 am
mish User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
Agreed. Whilst the lay out looks promising, I really do not see the point of removing all informative content about Leigh RL to launching one that merely says everything is 'coming soon'. It's rather silly.

I don't know about anyone else but when I take time to look up a product or service on the interweb, messages such as 'site under construction' or 'coming soon' just infuriate me and a waste of my time.

In an ideal world (when you're paying for the work to be done) the new website would have had all the informative content already in place before launching, however, when people are doing it for free and using their own valuable time to do it, it doesn't quite work like that.

I'm sure everyone involved in working on the new website is trying their best to get the content transferred but it's a long process. It'll be fully functional in a few weeks, so it's not too long to wait.
Bringing live match commentary to you through http://www.leighlife.com

“Just because a volunteer is unpaid it doesn’t make them worthless, it makes them priceless.”

peawapp wrote:
Thank God for Mish :thumb:
Previous