PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The sun always shines on Salford

Board index Super League Salford Red Devils - scarletturkey.com The sun always shines on Salford

The sun always shines on Salford

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am
Solly User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Luke Patten's piece for the M.E.N today, more doom and gloom. Makes some valid points. Interesting bit where he say's 'There is even a lot of uncertainty about the future of the club' if you didn't laugh you'd cry.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... -to-finish
Waggon Reds - Manchester's Finest.

Born in Hope, Live in hope Salford RLFC.

Re: The sun always shines on Salford

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:08 pm
Prestwich Red User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Thanks Luke Patten for really cheering me up :cry:

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:33 pm
RED1 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

In fairness, theres not much that we dont know in all that.

The club has had issues with tax man this year and had a block on signings from RFL so there ha sbeen doubt about the clubs future - although that appears to be sorted now (in that we are allowed to make signings again).

He mentions that vievers needs to re-build but that is because we are losing KEY positions. Halfback, fullback, centre, etc. Quite frankly Im surprised Gleeson going to Hull KR but they must be offering something we arent money wise as other than that, its not the most attractive move.

The whole 'veivers doesnt have a budget' i think is nonsense. Surely, if we have offered matty a deal, apparently signed dixon from saints, re-signed williams....surely we have at least an outline for a budget. Am I the only one who thinks Vievers keeps his cards SUPER close to his chest and maybe uses this 'no budget yet' line to keep the press/other clubs off our potential signings?

Also, priority for the club - sign jodie B and Joel Moon on new deals during THIS close season. Dont wait till next year cos we WILL lose them. (I'd hope Jodie would stay as we have given him time off to complete his degree....hopefully he'll return some loyalty from that as we were thre only club that would let him do it). PLease Reds, dont lose these two!!

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 am
Rooted Red User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Bit of a cheek him pointing out our defensive frailties when he's the worst defensive full back I've ever seen.

As for the other comments, there's nothing there we aren't well aware of. We will continue to lose our best players until we attract some serious investment and have a management team who know how to spend it. All topics regular contributors are sick to death of discussing I'm sure.

Being a Salford supporter is like being on a wheel. Same old issues going round and round. Avoiding administration and life in the lower leagues, but never making any progress on or off the pitch at SL Level.

The article about Ratchford by Morley is enough to make a Salford Fan weep.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 pm
Iain User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Rooted Red wrote:
Bit of a cheek him pointing out our defensive frailties when he's the worst defensive full back I've ever seen.

To be fair, when your defence is good, the fullback doesn't need to do much defending. You'd probably have to do more tackling in one season as Salford full back than in a career with a decent NRL club.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 pm
right said father ted User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Iain wrote:
To be fair, when your defence is good, the fullback doesn't need to do much defending. You'd probably have to do more tackling in one season as Salford full back than in a career with a decent NRL club.

I agree, and his one on tackle against Leeds in the Challenge Cup against Kylie Leuluai was one of the best defensive efforts ive seen from a Salford player in many a year.

What he says is hardly an exclusive but it is relevant and good to see a well respected professional air his views.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:20 pm
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

How highly do you guys rate Sean Gleeson?
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 pm
Prestwich Red User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

R.B.A wrote:
How highly do you guys rate Sean Gleeson?

Awful, worst centre I have seen in a Reds shirt.
Any one even remotely interested in him must be off their rocker.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:42 pm
redballoon99 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I agree . Gleeson is very good in attack. But like the rest of our team, his defence is very suspect.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 pm
redballoon99 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Just on that note. Martin Gleesons ban is up in December. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in a red shirt next season [ big mate of Longy ]
Next