PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bulls need close to $100k off other SL clubs

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk Bulls need close to $100k off other SL clubs

Locko's Luck User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Grandad's Gunna Garbutts Gunna Greet Grandson Gunna Grab Great Grub Gunna Guzzle Guinness Gunna Game
jacko1 wrote:
If the club hadn't of merged with Gateshead we were in the same position as the then Chairman of rovers voted against us dropping down and it had to be a majority vote.

If I remember correctly he thought us folding may gain rovers some fans

It did. Two! :D

I really feel for the Bradford supporters and players; the problems they are having are totally out of their hands. Initially support for the club is/was very high, as you could tell by the amount raised through collections. I think the main gripe is that the amount purported to be owing has turned out to be far higher than first revealed, therefore creating a feeling of animosity towards the chairmen and the club as a whole. Imo the club is too valuable to let slip by the wayside and I hope something can be done to improve their situation.
AIRLIE BIRDS FLYIN' HIGH YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL
SUN IN THE SKY YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL
BREEZE DRIFTIN' ON BY YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL
ITS A NEW DAWN, ITS A NEW DAY.

LOCKO'S LYRICS OF THE WEEK:-
AND ECHOES NOBODY HEARS, IT GOES, IT GOES, IT GOES
WE’RE FAITHFUL, WE ALL BEL13VE, WE ALL BEL13VE IT
SO FAITHFUL, WE ALL BEL13VE, WE ALL BEL13VE IT
Bal User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

If a way can be found to save Bradford Bulls, which is important for the competition we compete in imo, then we should explore it imo.

I find some of the eye for an eye comments, frankly somewhat petty when we are talking about the survival of a SL club like Bradford. Hull FC fans should be very aware of what Bradford Bulls fans are going through, and it is not there say what went on in the past with any decisions to help or not help us, nor do they have a say now. We should also be aware that the collapse of Bradford will have a negative impact on the business side of SL, and thus have a direct negative effect on us as well.
If you are interested in Building Information Modelling (BIM). PM me.
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

it won't happen as not all clubs have 100k to spare, in fact trouble may be brewing for one or two more clubs financially before too long
The referee's indecision is final
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I don't think the clubs should donate any money, only a few would have enough, but I'd like to see some former players make a gesture.

Auctioning off shirts or holding a fundraising dinner?
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Tarquin Fuego User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

[quote="Sheldon"]I don't think the clubs should donate any money, only a few would have enough, but I'd like to see some former players make a gesture.

What about current players ? saying they will sign for whichever club pays the biggest transfer fee
I have lost interest
Sheldon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I'd have expected the current players to be very active in raising funds as it is.

But I wouldn't expect them just to move to a club who offers the biggest transfer fee.
Why do the good one's lower their own standards when a troll's at work?
Tarquin Fuego User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I was being cheeky
I have lost interest
Jake the Peg Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

beadford's business model is unsustainable. They need to start from scratch, not take on more debt
Sebasteeno User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Aye, folding then re-emerging like a phoenix in a lower divisision without the debt could be best for all concerned and at least the supporters would still have a club.
The Judge User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Let them sort it themselves.
They have had enough help over the years and their cap breaking salaries has come back to bite them.
Bend the rules they may have done and got away with it at the time but all the money that has passed through that club in the SL era has been squandered.
Didn`t they get 400k for Fielden who was on 200k.
Jestyn Harris was allegedly on 1/4 million a year whilst there, the Paul boys 150k each. And these are salaries that I can recall being talked about at the time.
Rocket science it aint
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and proudly proclaiming `Wow, what a ride`
PreviousNext