WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Death of Bradford
The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:05 am
Posted by WidnesExile on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:05 am
WidnesExile User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 1145
Location: Widnes(Unfortunately)
The Bulls go into Administration and have TEN day's to find a buyer or go into Liquidation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18554519
It would be a terrible shame to loose the Bulls.

How the mighty have fallen.

Question - if they go out of business what happens to this years results against them?
//www.imperialexiles.co.uk
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am
Posted by Saddened! on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am
Saddened! User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 27699
Location: Warrington
Expunged from the records. So we'll not have lost that game at Bradford.

Question - If that happens, can Jamie Foster be reinstated to the first team?
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:35 pm
Posted by Noel Cleal on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:35 pm
Noel Cleal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:07 pm
Posts: 1396
Location: Kent
Saddened! wrote:
Expunged from the records. So we'll not have lost that game at Bradford.

Question - If that happens, can Jamie Foster be reinstated to the first team?


Exactly, Royce should should get unsacked and Richard Silverwood is not a cheating tw*t. On second thought :D
The Aussie Legend!!!
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 pm
Posted by jaybs on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 pm
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:47 pm
Posts: 4358
Location: North West
Feel for the fans, but they Voted to throw out London, so no real pity for the owners, the RFL purchased the Odsal Stadium (Lease) to help them but what happened to the money, it just evaporated, then the money they raised from Fans? were they ever honest with the RFL?

The game is in a mess, so many of us saw this coming and I feel there is more to come! but we were laughed at, it is The Greatest Game, one with no monies from sponsorship of the game, then a deal for £5 million for electric boarding that has quickly failed, the Sky money goes mainly into players pockets, we struggle to sell tickets for our Exile matches??
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 pm
Posted by St pete on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:57 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Posts: 16963
jaybs wrote:
Feel for the fans, but they Voted to throw out London, so no real pity for the owners, the RFL purchased the Odsal Stadium (Lease) to help them but what happened to the money, it just evaporated, then the money they raised from Fans? were they ever honest with the RFL?

The game is in a mess, so many of us saw this coming and I feel there is more to come! but we were laughed at, it is The Greatest Game, one with no monies from sponsorship of the game, then a deal for £5 million for electric boarding that has quickly failed, the Sky money goes mainly into players pockets, we struggle to sell tickets for our Exile matches??



The RFL didn't pay the whole sum that odsal was worth as the bulls has already had a loan of the rfl.

Selling odsal to RFL seems to have been huge mistake. Which investors would buy the bulls now when they don't have a ground which is any clubs major asset.

If anyone is silly enough to buy the bulls, what would they be getting for their investment?
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 pm
Posted by No1 Saint on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 pm
No1 Saint User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 3:26 pm
Posts: 7490
Location: Back in the badlands of the metropolitan borough of Wigoon
St pete wrote:

If anyone is silly enough to buy the bulls, what would they be getting for their investment?



Lots of debt and a few players with little resale value in a bosman world
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 pm
Posted by St pete on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Posts: 16963
No1 Saint wrote:
Lots of debt and a few players with little resale value in a bosman world



Correct, the buyer would be buying a squad of players which can basically leave at any time.
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:16 pm
Posted by bewareshadows on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:16 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:43 pm
Posts: 8619
Location: Leeds
Remember Bradford don't own Odsal, neither do the RFL, they only own the lease. It's a long one but it's still a lease.
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 am
Posted by Conroy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 am
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:49 am
Posts: 12006
St pete wrote:
Selling odsal to RFL seems to have been huge mistake. Which investors would buy the bulls now when they don't have a ground which is any clubs major asset.


It also means they can't take it away and therefore is still there if they set up a newco after liquidation that could be bought back at some point. (the same was done with Elland Road when Leeds United were screwed)
WIGAN RLFC
Re: The Death of Bradford
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 am
Posted by Donkey OTay on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 am
Donkey OTay Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:37 pm
Posts: 525
The Bradford Bulls brand does have some value. Maybe not enough to attract a money backer, but it does have some value.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to St. Helens - saints.org.uk - Saints Heritage Site





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,662,8291,60276,3474,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time 
World Cup: Quarter Final
AUSTRALIA
46-0
SAMOA
TOMORROW 04:00
World Cup: Quarter Final
TONGA
v
LEBANON
TOMORROW 06:30
World Cup: Quarter Final
NEW ZEALAND
v
FIJI
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM