PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - YESTERDAYS GAME

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:39 am
SKINDRED Stevo's Armpit

Morning folks .... well what the hell was that all about yesterday :DOH: Still dont know whether to laugh or cry. To ship 30 unanswered points was just embarassing our defence was shocking AGAIN !!. I know we are crippled with injuries and it doesnt help at this level and that was the most unhinged patched up side I have seen in a while (4 potential half backs in a squad of 17) The new physio must be a busy man :FRUSRATED: . I honestly think that Ronnie got us back into the game before half time with a string of penalties, which gave us the positions to score, not so much a staggering comeback.
The crowd was very dissapointing to say 2,500 free child tickets had been given out ???. Trying not to sound negative but I think we need to look at bringing in some dual reg players, JD decided against it last time I hope he is rethinking it now. I know Sagar and Wray are returning shortly but we need a quick fix NOW, cos I'll tell you now yesterdays first 30 minutes did nothing to encourage the neutral to return again.
At least we got the bonus point .... GOD ITS FRUSTRATING WATCHING THEM BUGGERS FOR 80 MINS
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:41 am
MICKY1920 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

JD talking after the game.

http://youtu.be/o3SLwuu0z_w
Click the link to see my Keighley Cougar Vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am
MICKY1920 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Click the link to see my Keighley Cougar Vids.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 am
burleycougar User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Great job Micky !

Was just back from hols and couldn't get there so as appreciated as ever.
".....it's Nick Pinkney ......Oh yes Oh yes OH YESSSSS........ Nick Pinkney Scores.....
Jonothan Davies wipe my boots ......... Because he couldn't catch Nick Pinkney....... ". Match Comm' from Dvd. .

Keighley Cougars ..... The best Super League club outside of the Super League .... :)
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 pm
Pickled onion User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Well lets hope we have improvement before Hunslet next week - Barry must be laughing at the game if he watches it. They will fancy there chances after this performance
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:04 pm
Dovo Stevo's Armpit

IMO JD needs to rethink his team stategy. bringing on the best props and himself after 30 mins when the game was already lost didn't work. Also Obst is the best scrum half in the league and he played hooker for the first 30 mins. Teams have now worked us out and we need to change things about. We do have the players to do well but we need to be a bit smarter. Playing up the hill in the first half we should have started with our best team.
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:12 pm
Stealth Comic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Dovo wrote:
IMO JD needs to rethink his team stategy. bringing on the best props and himself after 30 mins when the game was already lost didn't work. Also Obst is the best scrum half in the league and he played hooker for the first 30 mins. Teams have now worked us out and we need to change things about. We do have the players to do well but we need to be a bit smarter. Playing up the hill in the first half we should have started with our best team.

To be fair the players 17 we had out were the only ones we had available.

With that in mind it made sense to play March and Coleman in the halves and Obst and Smith at Hooker.
The superior man understands what is right, the inferior man understands what will sell.
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm
Dovo Stevo's Armpit

I disagree. March or Smith should have started as hooker. JD in the second row instead of Rawlings with Shickell and Sheriff starting Props. This possibly would have meant we started better. I missed the Halifax and Fev games but believe we started these badly as well. teams have all played us now and know when we make the subs and also that we like to make an impact when they come on. hold teams for the first 25 -30 mins and then bring our best team. We need to change this pattern and keep teams guessing.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:49 pm
guess who User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

MICKY1920 wrote:
JD talking after the game.

He always gives a very good assessment of the game. He is spot on in what he is saying.

The injuries are killing us at the moment.
Some people have no shame.
They do a horrible crime and then carry on as if nothing has happened.
Only the lowest of the low would do something like that.

Some people have no shame and no guilt.