PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dewsbury 24 - 34 Fax | Final Score

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Dewsbury 24 - 34 Fax | Final Score

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 am
DARE User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

In hindsight it was a very good result, as Norman said those were the sort of games we'd have lost last year, things wouldn't be going our way and we'd fold but last night was different. While I think we should probably have a more elusive and clear 'Plan B', we did still come away with the win last night and hey, no teams perfect. Also, we can't forget these aren't the usual teams we've played against in the past where we should expect an easy win, most teams in this division are very well organised and have players who can do a lot of damage. Dewsbury have caused Leigh and Batley big problems and they've beaten Keighley so summing it all up, it's actually a very good result especially with the short turn-around and conditions.
#Fax2012
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:16 am
SIMMSFAXTEDDY User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

oh yeah!

or the london away game?
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 am
DARE User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Just concerning injuries, hows Ben Heaton doing?
#Fax2012
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 pm
halifaxjohn Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
They may have matched but I really dont think they bettered us.

Im too getting sick of some of the poop posted on here. Awful night, pissing it down, awful conditions, played most of the game with 15 men and kept ourselves in the game enough to be in with a shout and looked the fitter team at the end despite all that. Did we really play poorly? Not in my eyes. It was a rough tough exciting game against a team who make it tough on their own ground and we dug in and won. We arnt/wont be the only team to struggle there.

You cant win every game by 30 points, sometimes you have to tough it out and the best teams are the ones that are good enough to win games that others would lose. That was one of them last night.

:MOTOR:
Well Greg you should know. I said we played poorly, I still enjoyed the game and feel I have the right to express my opinion. Quite a few people I spoke to agreed with me. We showed courage and fitness but I stand by my comment. We played poorly.
O'h and an extract from todays courier.

“Rob wasn’t having his best game, I thought our backfield players were poor in general, but he showed great commitment, speed and athleticism to get back and make a tackle he probably had no right to make".

Looking forward to seeing you after you tell Karl he is talking "poop"
Just let me know what ward your in.
Best wishes.
:DANCE:
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:18 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

halifaxjohn wrote:
and feel I have the right to express my opinion.

Yet moan when people express theirs. :roll:

Unless im reading that bit wrong KH dosnt say we player poorly does he? I totally agree with what he says but obviously you seem to have taken it out of context.
Halifax RLFC - Rugby League`s "Entertainers"
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm
halifaxjohn Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Yet moan when people express theirs. :roll:

Unless im reading that bit wrong KH dosnt say we player poorly does he? I totally agree with what he says but obviously you seem to have taken it out of context.

I will let you have the last word.
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

halifaxjohn wrote:
I will let you have the last word.

Thanks. :wink:

At the end of the day whats it matter, we are busted and doing it tough yet we sit very pretty at the top of the league. Happy Days. :ROCKS:
Halifax RLFC - Rugby League`s "Entertainers"
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:49 pm
faxcar Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I don't care who we are playing there all tough games for different reasons.
Dewsbury at home included.
In the first half I would have liked us to have kicked the Rams into their own half on the last play and had them run it uphill a bit more.
The completion rate as been averaging low lately and our line speed in defence needs to be a bit quicker but for all the work in progress points were still getting the results just hope we don't run out of bodies with the injury list that's rising.
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:08 pm
Bat Lad Stevo's Armpit

Totally disagree, I watched as a neutral and thought Handforth had a good game, he created two trys and his second half kicking was excellent, pegging Dewsbury back time after time.
If your looking at who to blame look no further than thackery, I didnt even realise he was on the field till mid second half.
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:35 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bat Lad wrote:
Totally disagree, I watched as a neutral and thought Handforth had a good game, he created two trys and his second half kicking was excellent, pegging Dewsbury back time after time.
If your looking at who to blame look no further than thackery, I didnt even realise he was on the field till mid second half.

Agree with that. Handforth is copping for it bescause his half back partner is under performing.
Previous