REGISTER OR LOGIN FOR MORE FEATURES RLFANS HAVE OVER 115,000 UNIQUE USERS EACH MONTH FEWER ADVERTS AND MORE STATISTICS!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am
Barnabus User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Stumbled across this today:

http://www.rlcm.com.au/employment/posit ... gby-league

Basically, it's an advert asking for players & coaches ahead of the lauch of an 8-team professional league in Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar in May 2013.

I've had a search on the net for more info, as this was the first I'd heard of it, but couldn't find anything. It seems RU launched a smiliar league a few years ago.

Great news for the development of RL. Does anyone know more about it?
The Silky Polar Bear

Re: SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:59 pm
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

At first glance I thought this might have resulted from a bad translation as the Spanish RU did indeed try a SuperIberica competition a couple of years ago. That sank with out a trace, despite a massive build-up and publicity campaign backed by Spain's version of Sky television.
I'd love to see something come of this, but I just can't. There is no rugby league in Spain. As far as I'm aware the sport isn't played in Portugal or Gibraltar either.
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?