PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

Board index RLFANS MAIN 2014 INTERNATIONAL RL FORUM SuperIberica - Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar

(Website) - Talk about rugby league around the world – and international games

Barnabus User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Stumbled across this today:

http://www.rlcm.com.au/employment/posit ... gby-league

Basically, it's an advert asking for players & coaches ahead of the lauch of an 8-team professional league in Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar in May 2013.

I've had a search on the net for more info, as this was the first I'd heard of it, but couldn't find anything. It seems RU launched a smiliar league a few years ago.

Great news for the development of RL. Does anyone know more about it?
The Silky Polar Bear
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

At first glance I thought this might have resulted from a bad translation as the Spanish RU did indeed try a SuperIberica competition a couple of years ago. That sank with out a trace, despite a massive build-up and publicity campaign backed by Spain's version of Sky television.
I'd love to see something come of this, but I just can't. There is no rugby league in Spain. As far as I'm aware the sport isn't played in Portugal or Gibraltar either.
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?