PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Stout and the shay,

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:34 pm
Piston Broke Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I have e-mailed Councillor Stout and asked him two specific questions:

1. Is he aware that a prominent local businessman made an offer to buy the Shay Stadium from CMBC over a year ago at a formal meeting attended by a senior Council executive which was not a derisory offer?

2. Is he aware that the general public and businesses are deterred from hiring the East Stand facilties due to the extortionate refreshment costs?

I await his reply and will keep you posted.
67.5% of all statistics are made up
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:37 pm
Bubba Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Piston Broke wrote:
I have e-mailed Councillor Stout and asked him two specific questions:

1. Is he aware that a prominent local businessman made an offer to buy the Shay Stadium from CMBC over a year ago at a formal meeting attended by a senior Council executive which was not a derisory offer?

In fairness, Micky Mouse could have made an offer to buy the stadium. The question is how much was the offer, on what terms, etc. I think the Shay falling into private ownership could potentially lead to a very dangerous future for both clubs and it is not something I would like to see happen.

As for your second question, the Council dropped a bollock when they employed the services of a middle man to run the East Stand facility and I hope they look to take it back inside when the EMC contract renewal is due.
Loving the hypocrisy of some.
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am
marillion man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Gav, I think you mis-understood point No.1 that PB was making. "Was councillor Stout aware", he wasn't questioning how much the offer or terms.
FAILURE ISN'T ABOUT FALLING DOWN, FAILURE IS STAYING DOWN..........
Previous