PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Does anybody know.......??

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions Does anybody know.......??

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 pm
Walt Mooney Fan Club User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bought a ticket outside the ground on Friday for the "John Duffy Testimonial Grand Raffle", and after looking at it today, two questions arise:

1.) Why, in the two photos that adorn the ticket is this LEIGH stalwart not displayed in a LEIGH shirt???

2.) One of the listed prizes is for "2 Tickets to Exiles Game at Leigh Sports Village"........has anyone any idea what this refers to?? As the tickets are only due to be drawn in September, am I to assume that the LSV has been selected as a venue for an Exiles match next season....or is this summat to do with the "Championship Exiles" idea that is being muted??
Bolton by birth,
Irish by blood,
LEYTHER by heart and soul!!
BBC Sport wrote:
30/04/06 "Some of W*gan's travelling fans headed towards the exit before it was even over.".................no change there then!!

Wembley71 wrote:
.....They are our people. Drummond, Costello, Manfredi, Svabic, Martyn, Street, Tickle, Patel, Mossop, Horo, Bristow, Leuleui, Varley, Fleary, Rivett, Tabern, Doran, Woods, Donlan, Wilshire, Leaefa, Hansen, Sale, Murphy… these are all my people.
As a Leyther, you’re one of us the moment you come here to wear the shirt. I don't care where you were born, what colour you are, what religion you are, what language you speak. You're one of us, part of our culture, writing our history as you create your own, and making us stronger for it....
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 pm
TV BOY User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Not bothered about what shirt he is in personally as it is about John and not the club. The ticket thing did intrigue me though.
" Time is but a flowing stream".
Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973.

You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:02 pm
salfordlad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I bought one too and am desperate to win the various bottles. :wink:
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

salfordlad wrote:
I bought one too and am desperate to win the various bottles. :wink:

You won enough bottles of whisky at our Christmas Poker Night . :wink: .