PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - More on Moltzen...

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm
krisleeds User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

He's not just a Full Back.

A Centre and Stand-Off equally..

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... in-Moltzen
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 pm
ThePrinter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
In it McDermott obviously mentions the 2 obvious choices we have for fullback currently in Hardaker and BJB as well as saying he thinks Watkins and even Hall could possibly play well in that position..........no mention at all of Lee Smith, i think that is pretty much confirming the end for Smith at Leeds.
"Delaney whoa oh oh oh,
Delaney whoa oh oh oh.
He's from Australia,
He'll f**king murder ya!"
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 pm
Steve-O User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

He's only playing fullback as the kid at fullback did his ACL on debut. He was supposed to be a next big thing. Moltzen was down to be at 7 with Marshall at 6
"In this age of Rooney and Tevez, here is a genuine, through and through sporting hero." Kevin Sinfield

I've got diamonds on my fish.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm
rhino2009 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

krisleeds wrote:
He's not just a Full Back.

A Centre and Stand-Off equally..

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... in-Moltzen

He can play in any back position at a high standard and has done in the NRL, the toughest league in the world. Hardaker is showing loads of potential but he's yet to play against a top side and we know what his passing was like when he played centre! Moltzen will add quality to the squad, probably mean the end of Smith, and that's why GH wants to sign him.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm
Steve-O User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Has GH said anything on this matter yet?
"In this age of Rooney and Tevez, here is a genuine, through and through sporting hero." Kevin Sinfield

I've got diamonds on my fish.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 pm
rhino2009 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Steve-O wrote:
Has GH said anything on this matter yet?

Surprisingly no, the quotes in the media pieces were from B McD. I assume though that GH had authorised the responses.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

He does seem like a good worthwhile acquisition if true......Hardaker would appear to be much better suited to FB than LC though; so maybe utilise Moltzen for LC ?.... or SO ??

I would still like to see Keinhorst given a run at LC against London; or maybe - dare I suggest again - Hall at LC with Chisholm outside him. If I state it often enough it might happen :D
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

nantwichexile wrote:
He does seem like a good worthwhile acquisition if true......Hardaker would appear to be much better suited to FB than LC though; so maybe utilise Moltzen for LC ?.... or SO ??

I would still like to see Keinhorst given a run at LC against London; or maybe - dare I suggest again - Hall at LC with Chisholm outside him. If I state it often enough it might happen :D

TBH I don't think the back line is the issue, it looks very exciting with only
Tweek a real quality centre or the emergence of a youngster.

If I was in charge I would be trying to address the forwards
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Ferdy wrote:
TBH I don't think the back line is the issue, it looks very exciting with only
Tweek a real quality centre or the emergence of a youngster.

If I was in charge I would be trying to address the forwards

Oh I agree Ferdy.....but maybe the club IS hoping the likes of Singleton and D.Smith will solve the problems?
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:00 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

nantwichexile wrote:
Oh I agree Ferdy.....but maybe the club IS hoping the likes of Singleton and D.Smith will solve the problems?

Be nice if we actually gave them a chance in the first team then!! :wink:
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott
Next