PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Jonathan Pomnall

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:40 am
jonny the leyther User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I think people have forgotten how good Mcgilvary was in the first half of last season.

It's a shame Pownall's injured, but we've got a good replacement.
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT"
...............................................................................................................................................
Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too"
...............................................................................................................................................
"What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:02 am
itsatry! User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

He was also holding is nose with a cloth when he came off after the " across the chest " tackle according to the ref
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 am
leytherjay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Clay should be worth a shot also.......went very well against the French.
NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am
underthesticks Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The Pownall incident was a bad one. It was indeed a cheap shot and should be looked at by the RFL.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:29 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jonny the leyther wrote:
I think people have forgotten how good Mcgilvary was in the first half of last season.

It's a shame Pownall's injured, but we've got a good replacement.

In the first half of the season maybe , ut what about the rest of the season ?
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:34 am
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

underthesticks wrote:
The Pownall incident was a bad one. It was indeed a cheap shot and should be looked at by the RFL.

has anyone actually seen the dvd of the incident?
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:42 pm
Bartholemew Smythe User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
has anyone actually seen the dvd of the incident?

Well Fred certainly has.
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Aye Bart, but I can't see any posts from Fred. The hit was just in front of me. Like everyone else I saw it in 'real time'. Normally when a borderline hit goes in I look straight at the ref - half expecting a penalty. But my initial reaction was that he just got cleaned out good and proper with one of a series of big hits that happened on friday. Then I hear (and read) a different view from Leigh fans - that's why I asked if anyone has actually seen the recording - cos I haven't yet - getting a copy tomorrow hopefully.
She's a Waterfall
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:08 pm
Alan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Aye Bart, but I can't see any posts from Fred. The hit was just in front of me. Like everyone else I saw it in 'real time'. Normally when a borderline hit goes in I look straight at the ref - half expecting a penalty. But my initial reaction was that he just got cleaned out good and proper with one of a series of big hits that happened on friday. Then I hear (and read) a different view from Leigh fans - that's why I asked if anyone has actually seen the recording - cos I haven't yet - getting a copy tomorrow hopefully.

You're right. We all need to see the incident before passing judgement. To me, 'in real time', it looked like a heavy shoulder charge. There is a suggestion that young Pownall broke his collar bone, which wouldn't make the charge illegal. I suppose the point of interest would be how he got an apparent bang in the face - and exactly what Stuart Dickens then did, when the lad was lying prone. (it didn't seem to be the kiss of life! :wink: ) However, just to re-iterate your point, it's all conjecture really.

Someone on here likened it to the Rangi Chase challenge on Ropati. I don't think so! I've watched that one umpteen times and still reckon it was Chase's elbow!
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:13 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

I've broken my nose playing rugby five times Alan. Each time it was in the tackle and on none of the occassions was foul play involved. It happens in contact sport.
Your initial interpretation was (coincidently) exactly how I saw it. But having read and heard all the accounts from Leigh fans I was begining to believe I'd seen it wrongly. - perhaps not. I shall see the recording tomorrow then hopefully I can pass a more informed comment.

Comparisons to the Rangi Chase shot are (IMO) ridiculous. That was an unforgiveable deliberate attempt to harm someone.
Like I said, I will see the vid. If I believe the fev player made a cheap shot, I will say so. I've never ducked owt like this before. I won't start now.
She's a Waterfall
PreviousNext