LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1841 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Death of Friday night?

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions Death of Friday night?

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sat 6pm for me, failing that Sunday 3.30pm.
Season tickets £15 per month for 10 months first payment End September on sale from August, issue books of tickets in January and June - the card is abused as last seasons are being used and not checked, with Adult and concession gates - as this is also being abused.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:43 pm
TV BOY User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I wondered wether it could have been Maur as mine or our Ols has not been scanned for ages. I really hope the club are not being charged by the LSV for peopole who are entering on last years STs. 2013 needs to be filling the cards if this is happening.
" Time is but a flowing stream".
Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973.

You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 am
FevGrinder User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

salfordlad wrote:
I would say there was approx 200 Fev fans.

The weather leading up to the game was terrible and obviously impacted on the home support.

Quite frankly I don't think it makes too much difference what day Leigh play at home. We seem to have lost a lot of the fans who we got last season and the reason for that is ?

Well I have no idea because the matches are good to watch even though last nights' result was a bit disappointing.

Frank,

I might be wrong (and know I'm biased) but I'd would have said there was 300+ Fev last night, either way the weather last night defo affected the gate adversly.

IMO the Thursday night games have spoiled the Sunday afternoon "regular spot" for our league. For the coaches the Friday night games are best, because this means at worst the players have 6 days rest to the next game. For example us (Fev) playing you last night I am sure will help us having to play Fax next Thursday, whereas if we had plad at LSV on Sunday it woukld have only given us 4 days to "rest" in advance of that game (so if we win the league it has to be down to playing you on the Friday night :lol: ).

Our Chairman believes that the Saturday night slot is the one to go for (5 days rest, but still good support) as opposed to Friday (6 days rest, but less support), though as a supported I am yet to be convinced. Whatever day is decided on, for me I'd like to see all teams play at the same day and time (Thursday night games excepted), so that i can organise my life too. having Thurs/Frid/Sat/Sun games all through the year makes it hard to organise anything.

Anyone for 3/3.30 on a Sunday?
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:19 am
glow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I would also say around 300 from Fev, well done to those who travelled over. :thumb:

Me and young glow also had a long journey we set off from home (2 miles away) at about 6 and only manage to get back home in the early hours, we had to take shelter in several houses :DRUNK: the weather was that bad. :WHISTLE:
get leigh outta wigan
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:19 am
WOLRAB Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

friday the worse time to play, said it for ages, but will the game in general listen, no they know best, well guess what you dont. If you are running a business then you surely must listen to your customers current and prospective ones, if you dont your business will suffer. The weather was truly awful on friday, but how many people did not manage to make it to work, i made it to work and hence the game, you can make all the excuses you want, and the thing about it being at end of month so people skint, have people ever heard of a brand new invention, its called the credit card, you can purchase goods and services with it, and wait for this, pay later, no your right it will never catch on.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:44 pm
newshy38 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Friday night is for watching S.L in the pub,simple as.
p.s Monday nights match we might see a certain team
from downt road get a record S.L winning margin and
hopefully make sky look stupid for showing it .
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 pm
Leigh24.7 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

About 3pm today ASDA & the retail park were chocca. Maybe if we had been playing some of those may have been at the game but it's quite obvious that Sundays are very popular shopping days for families. So why don't we try Saturday evenings???? :FRUSRATED:
Then there are also the ones who have been out for the day plus christenings etc - is it any wonder we cannot increase gates. As said earlier, the Toulouse game last year was a success. What are the alternatives for people to do Saturday evening? As I said a while ago, the game could be built up in town earlier in the day with give aways for kids like cheap flags etc.
-------------------------------------
NOW PLAYING:

SPECIAL D - Come With Me
-------------------------------------
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm
Cokey User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

No more sunday rugby now at home unless you call swinton a home match. :shock: :shock: :shock: Not counting play offs though.
Last edited by Cokey on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, Then why practice!
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm
Leyther_Matt User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cokey wrote:
No more sunday rugby now at home unless you call swinton a home match, or get home draw in nrc if we beat fev. :shock: :shock: :shock: Not counting play offs though.

Don't think we'll be getting a home draw in the NRC, somehow...! :wink:
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm
Cokey User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

[quote="Leyther_Matt"]Don't think we'll be getting a home draw in the NRC, somehow...! :win

Ooops :oops: :DRUNK:
You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, Then why practice!
Previous