LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1623 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leigh game

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 am
Alan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Leigh have announced that the re-arranged fixture at LSV, is on Monday 16th July, at 7:30 p.m. I hope you've re-arranged your home game with York, scheduled for the 15th?!
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:05 pm
666 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I would imagine that this is completely unlikely unless we have totally incompetent administrators at Cougar Park!

Given the fact that our last home game before July 15th is this coming Sunday (June 24th) and our next home game is on August 12th (coincidentally also against Leigh) why should such a long-standing fixture be moved?

When would it be played?

Why should our cash-flow suffer?
Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm
andysilsden Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Are we sure York will agree to move, because im not.
My Road to Wembley 2008
Prelim: East Leeds 6 Hunslet Old Boys 13
1st Rnd: Stannlngley 16 Shaw Cross 10
2nd Rnd: Leigh Miners Rangers 64 Vereya Bears 12
3rd Rnd: Keighley Cougars 14 Toulouse 17
4th Rnd: Bradford Bulls 98 Toulouse 6
5th Rnd: St Helens 40 Warrington Wolves 34
6th Rnd: Leeds Rhinos 23 Wigan Warriors 16
Semi Final: St Helens 26 Leeds Rhinos 16
Final: Hull FC 16 St Helens 28
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 am
Stealth Comic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Are we sure this is actually true?

Has it been confirmed anywhere else?

If so can someone provide a link?
The superior man understands what is right, the inferior man understands what will sell.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 am
andysilsden Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Only place is the Leigh website.

i know. to make it more even, Leigh move their friday night game to sunday, then both teams get same amount of rest.

Seriously though, there must be better dates than the one supposed confirmed. Why not wait to see what leigh do in the NRC semi's, and if they get knocked out, play it on the NRC final weekend.

here is the link stealth. www.leighcenturions.com
My Road to Wembley 2008
Prelim: East Leeds 6 Hunslet Old Boys 13
1st Rnd: Stannlngley 16 Shaw Cross 10
2nd Rnd: Leigh Miners Rangers 64 Vereya Bears 12
3rd Rnd: Keighley Cougars 14 Toulouse 17
4th Rnd: Bradford Bulls 98 Toulouse 6
5th Rnd: St Helens 40 Warrington Wolves 34
6th Rnd: Leeds Rhinos 23 Wigan Warriors 16
Semi Final: St Helens 26 Leeds Rhinos 16
Final: Hull FC 16 St Helens 28
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm
McCougar Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We are also due to play Sheffield on the Friday, so I'm sure we will not have agreed to play 3 matches in five days.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:31 pm
666 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

SO WHY ARE THE CLUB (and RACH 'their only conduit') SO DEAFENING WITH THEIR SILENCE????????????????????????????

IF THIS IS CORRECT THEN WILL SOMEONE EXPLAIN:

[size=150][b]WHICH IDIOT HAS AGREED TO POSTPONE AN ORIGINAL FIXTURE SIMPLY TO ACCOMMODATE A REARRANGED GAME AGAINST LEIGH?[/size][/b]

Surely the fans, Season Ticket-holders and everyone else in Cougarland deserve an explanation, especially as the Season Ticket-holders have paid their 'hard-earned' and also have expectations!
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 pm
RBear Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

666 wrote:
SO WHY ARE THE CLUB (and RACH 'their only conduit') SO DEAFENING WITH THEIR SILENCE????????????????????????????

[size=150][b]WHICH IDIOT HAS AGREED TO POSTPONE AN ORIGINAL FIXTURE SIMPLY TO ACCOMMODATE A REARRANGED GAME AGAINST LEIGH?[/size][/b]

Surely the fans, Season Ticket-holders and everyone else in Cougarland deserve an explanation, especially as the Season Ticket-holders have paid their 'hard-earned' and also have expectations!

Have you been on the drink all day? calm down and wait for someone to give an answer!
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 am
Rach User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Location: Behind the Cougar Park Bar/ Your Sporting Chance Penthouse Suite

[quote="666"]SO WHY ARE THE CLUB (and RACH 'their only conduit') SO DEAFENING WITH THEIR SILENCE????????????????????????????

Mate , I only post stuff in an official capacity on here when asked to by the Directors ,I am a fan the same as most folk on here... I work for no great amount for Your Sporting Chance during the week and behind the bar on the weekends to make my living ......I (if we want to talk in capitals) AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MEDIA OUTPUT FROM THE CLUB..END OF ...

Whatever argument you have with the club leave me out of it ......If you want to discuss further contact the Board at the Club ..easy peasy .....

I'M ONLY DOING WHAT I"VE BEEN ASKED TO DO .. SAME AS ANY OTHER JOB !!
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:27 am
Stealth Comic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

666 wrote:

Why don't you wait until the full facts are produced before you post such bile on here?

With the greatest respect to the Leigh club, I won't believe this to be true until it's made official by our club and also ratified on the RFL website.

As for the club being "so deafening with their silence" perhaps they are handling their business in a dignified manner behind the scenes and not going about it through the media. When everything is sorted out and above board they will tell us. Between now and then just show a little patience, it is a Rugby League game, not a matter of life and death.
The superior man understands what is right, the inferior man understands what will sell.
Next