PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Superleague's Top Ten players

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Superleague's Top Ten players

Re: Superleague's Top Ten players

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm
wiretilidie08 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

1. Michael Monaghan
2. Lee Briers
3. Ben Westwood
4. Brett Hodgson
5. Trent Waterhouse
6. Adrian Morley
7. Ryan Atkins
8. Gareth Carvell
9. Chris Riley
10. Sam Tomkins

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:01 pm
wolfinwidnes User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

carvell is back in form and has started tearing in again
Championship (3 times): 1947–48, 1953–54, 1954–55
Challenge Cup Winners (8 times): 1904–05, 1906–07, 1949–50, 1953–54, 1973–74, 2009, 2010, 2012
Super League Leaders Shield (once): 2011
Premiership Winners (once): 1985–86,
Lancashire League (8 times): 1937–38, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1950–51, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1955–56, 1967–68
Lancashire Cup (9 times): 1921–22, 1929–30, 1932–33, 1937–38, 1959–60, 1965–66, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1989–90
Regal Trophy (4 times): 1973–74, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1990–91
ITV Floodlit Competition: 1955–56

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:54 pm
danburge82 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Darkheart wrote:
Danny Houghton better than Sam Tomkins? I rate him as a decent young player but I wouldn't rate him that highly, you're perfectly entitled to your opinion though.

Just my personal preference. Sam Tomkins is the best open field runner in this country. He is probably the most exciting player to watch in the country. But his defence and passing is nowhere near the standard of Houghton. It's not all about highlight plays for me. If someone is outstanding at the bread and butter stuff i find that as being as excellent as the highlight plays. and i don't like Tomkins neither (that probably has a lot to do with it), i think he's a loving mard ar$e (still a top player, mind).
¡ THE WIRE !

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 pm
Finfin User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

danburge82 wrote:
Just my personal preference. Sam Tomkins is the best open field runner in this country. He is probably the most exciting player to watch in the country. But his defence and passing is nowhere near the standard of Houghton. It's not all about highlight plays for me. If someone is outstanding at the bread and butter stuff i find that as being as excellent as the highlight plays. and i don't like Tomkins neither (that probably has a lot to do with it), i think he's a loving mard ar$e (still a top player, mind).

Only one word for that bilge - pathetic.

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:49 pm
danburge82 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Finfin wrote:
Only one word for that bilge - pathetic.

So you think Sam Tomkins' defence is better than Super League's top tackler? And you think Houghton's passing skills are inferior to Tomkins? Also you don't think Tomkins is the best open field runner in the league? Nor that he's the league's most exciting player? Plus you don't accept when someone likes to see players do the simple things? Nor can you recognise that someone can dislike Tomkins' other aspects that he has?

My favourite footballer over the last five or six years has been Andrés Iniesta, my favourite basketballer is Russell Westbrook...other players get all the headlines (Messi/CRonaldo; Lebron/Durant), I just like their games better. Is it beyond your understanding that people can have views like that?
¡ THE WIRE !

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:09 pm
Finfin User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

danburge82 wrote:
So you think Sam Tomkins' defence is better than Super League's top tackler? And you think Houghton's passing skills are inferior to Tomkins? Also you don't think Tomkins is the best open field runner in the league? Nor that he's the league's most exciting player? Plus you don't accept when someone likes to see players do the simple things? Nor can you recognise that someone can dislike Tomkins' other aspects that he has?

My favourite footballer over the last five or six years has been Andrés Iniesta, my favourite basketballer is Russell Westbrook...other players get all the headlines (Messi/CRonaldo; Lebron/Durant), I just like their games better. Is it beyond your understanding that people can have views like that?

Neither is Sam as big as Richard Moore, or as bald as Keith Senior. So why aren't they in your best list?

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm
Fatbelly User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wiretilidie08 wrote:
1. Michael Monaghan
2. Lee Briers
3. Ben Westwood
4. Brett Hodgson
5. Trent Waterhouse
6. Adrian Morley
7. Ryan Atkins
8. Gareth Carvell
9. Chris Riley
10. Sam Tomkins

I think you are a little bit biased and favour Sam Tomkins & Wigan, but the rest of your selections are spot on. :BOW:
Last edited by Fatbelly on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrington Wolves the Brazil of Super League

We are Warrington Wolves we take what we want

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Wigg'n Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

danburge82 wrote:

Houghton's not even in the same league as Roby, Monaghan and Tomkins.

You're weird.

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:45 pm
wiretilidie08 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Fatbelly wrote:
I think you are a little bit biased and favour Sam Tomkins & Wigan, but the rest of your sections are spot on. :BOW:

My original number 10 was Stefan Ratchford but i thought i'd change it so all of the Wigan fans visiting our board didnt accuse me of being biased!

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:29 am
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

How can anyone not put Tomkins at 1? He is currently making the league look silly!

It is too hard to put players in order right now... so NOT in order...

Tomkins
Finch
Hock
Lockers
Leuluai
Roby
Monaghan (when fit obviously)
Dureau
Westwood
Biers

I did try and pick less Wigan players ;)
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
PreviousNext