PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Omari Caro to St Helens?

Board index Kingstone Press Championship London Broncos Omari Caro to St Helens?

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:31 pm
wisezola Stevo's Armpit

With all due respect, what young player would stand out in that side this season, how many games has he played, 2 or 3, weak .....not sure

Teams and coaches have obviously seen something, my guess is real pace, you cant coach pace, he is accepted as one of the fastest players in superleague and has been good in the 9s. I would imagine this is what has bought him to be noticed by a wider scouting audience rather than his very limited superleague displays.

I would imagine a few clubs would be willing to take a punt, as he appears to be out of contract at the end of the season, they are looking for potential not the finished article.

If i were an agent, I wouldn't mind him on my books, Im not sure he would be at Broncos next season.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 am
Snoopy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Im sure the club will offer him a contract as he has the raw material. Will Saints offer hime much more? Probably not. They are supposed to have the best youth academy players along with Wigan arent they?
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

wisezola wrote:
With all due respect, what young player would stand out in that side this season, how many games has he played, 2 or 3, weak .....not sure.

Dixon has been quite impressive. I would think it more likely that other SL teams have an interest in him.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 pm
Moe Lester Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Given the choice, I'd rather have Jamie Foster, who can't get a game for love nor money, in my side than Omari Caro at this moment in time.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm
The Penguin User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Not seen very much of Caro but simply having speed isn't enough. Think of the young players we've had for whom that was their main asset - have any of them proven up to SL standard?
london RL: scraping the barrel
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 pm
Snoopy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Penguin wrote:
Not seen very much of Caro but simply having speed isn't enough. Think of the young players we've had for whom that was their main asset - have any of them proven up to SL standard?

http://www.londonbroncosrl.com/rugby/fi ... ef=dynamic

At 6'3'' and 100kg he already has the size for a Centre. If he turned into a Joel Monaghan it would be nice. :) As this Academy thing is a new thing for us its not as if we have much experience in spotting a good player from what is pretty raw material, but the lad has the physique and made some good runs up the middle in the 1st team. Because of his age i think we get something for him whether he is out of Contract or not.

Foster might be a good signing but these lads wont move south so its immaterial. We have to find, develop and keep these lads. If we started winning we should be able to as we are at the full SC.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Dave Lister User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Rob Worrincy is/was a far better player than Caro and look at what he has achieved?
king warrior wrote:
Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper

Dobbo Hull wrote:
SAME OLD SH8T, WE ARE SH8T AGAR OUT AGAR OUT, NOTHING EVER F9CKING CHANGES. ONCE AGAIN AGAR IS CAUGHT OFF GUARD, HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO F8CKING EXPECT. PR1CK!

Redchemic wrote:
With each and every post you make on this thread it is becoming more obvious than ever that you are a self obsessed, moronic nihlist who begruges even those who get off their arses to try to make a difference however small or large.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:15 pm
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

All sadly Foster has to offer is his kicking! he is not a good tackler! not very good under a high ball and is not that fast! but he uses a great hair gel and takes around 15 minutes to get it right before taking to the pitch and most of half time getting it right for the second half. Always practised his goal kicking with his Granddad, lives at home still and is a real home boy!

Just opened his first barber shop in St Helens Style JF22 and is looking forward to opening a further hair salon, Jamie's best bet is union, all the talents he does not have! qualify him highly and his hair.

No talk about Cairo in St Helens at all, and that is from people who always claim to be ITK!
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:37 pm
gutterfax User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

jaybs wrote:
All sadly Foster has to offer is his kicking! he is not a good tackler! not very good under a high ball and is not that fast!

I thought exactly the same when I read Moe's post, but was worried I'd be accused of destroying these boards and the greek economy if I posted a contadictory theory.... 8)
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.
Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:51 am
Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Me me me.
PreviousNext