PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Looks like we are going to be part of the Rovers after all:

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Doncaster RLFC - comeonlineyoudons.co.uk Looks like we are going to be part of the Rovers after all:

originaldragon Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Not next season. It's white with a Black V.
Donny User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the dead ball line at most Championship Grounds.

originaldragon wrote:
I am aware of the massive bias that the Free Press has towards the Rovers, so I am hoping that some of this is over exurberent reporting. That is why it is really important that we get the Dons side of the story. My reason behind posting was to ask DonsNews on behalf of the club to resond, as I know that it would be impossible to get a balanced responde back via the Free Press.

Before I make any comment, I'll await that response.

Its a quote from Gavin Baldwin, made on Monday at the Doncaster Rovers Fans forum.. (according to the Free Press Sports Podcast)
Flickr
Dons Photos - Photoshelter
"Adversity. A word to overcome. When nobody gives you a prayer, when everyone says you can't, you do, proving anything is possible."
Club Photographer - Doncaster RLFC - PM for Prints and Canvases.
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I tend to agree that an official statement from the Club is required.
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Well we know that DonNews is around and about because he has posted on the Gateshead game thread.
Can you please tell us DonsNews about the decision to use a Rovers based strip as our away strip?
After all, it's not going to go away is it?
No pun intended.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
rupert bear Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Stand-Offish wrote:
Well we know that DonNews is around and about because he has posted on the Gateshead game thread.
Can you please tell us DonsNews about the decision to use a Rovers based strip as our away strip?
After all, it's not going to go away is it?
No pun intended.

And we certainly don't want it at home either! :)
donnytilidie1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

If this is goin to benefit the club then I say give it a try but please dnt change our tradition, we are blue and gold and always will be, John Wright tried to change it for 1 season and then relented to calls from the fans
Double Movement User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'm looking forward to an official club statement from DonsNews.

I want the Rovers and the Dons to flourish.

I don't want the Rovers telling the Dons what to do ... or vice versa! :oops:

It's a tough old business world out there and joining forces for mutual benefit should have good consequences for both parties if managed correctly.

Uncertainty worries fans and the sooner we get some clarification, the better.

Thank goodness we have a good team at the Dons' helm. I'm sure they will do the right thing for the club and make sure they aren't bullied into anything they don't want to go along with.
donny hkr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I see there was a young lad at yesterdays game modelling next seasons away shirt
:wink:
DonsNews Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The club will be issuing a statement with regards to the story printed in last week's Free Press in due course. Thank-you for your patience on the matter
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
DonsNews wrote:
The club will be issuing a statement with regards to the story printed in last week's Free Press in due course. Thank-you for your patience on the matter

Thank you.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
Previous