PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

Board index Other Sports Other Sports Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.

Re: Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:50 pm
Smiggs User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Guerrier wrote:
Rest Welbeck?

Did he put in enough effort on Tuesday to require a rest?

I agree I've never seen anybody offer so little when not in possesion. He just walks around on his own. I don't buy into this he's playing well, I acknowledge he has come up with a cracking goal against Sweden but has done very little of note elswhere. Bit of passenger for me.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 pm
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Smiggs wrote:
I agree I've never seen anybody offer so little when not in possesion. He just walks around on his own. I don't buy into this he's playing well, I acknowledge he has come up with a cracking goal against Sweden but has done very little of note elswhere. Bit of passenger for me.

Agreed.

9 goals in 31 apps at club level too.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:54 pm
McClennan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I think Welbeck's been worth his starting spot every time.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm
Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

McClennan wrote:
I think Welbeck's been worth his starting spot every time.

I never saw the Ukraine game, so I can't comment. IMO, the France game he done very little yet received rave reviews. I read/heard somebody saying he had great touch and really troubled the French, I left the game thinking the opposite, I thought his touch lead him into much tougher situations and he rarely threatened. Although, to be fair to Wellbeck, England never had any desire to create for him so he was left doing the donkey work.

In the game against Sweden, I can't recall him doing anything of greatness until his goal. His goal was decent, I don't believe he intended it but it looked brilliant so fair player.

I've spoken before about Wellbeck, I actually don't mind him and I liked the look of him when he was on loan at Sunderland. He's tall, quick and seemed to have more to his game than just raw attributes. Fergie obviously likes him but I do wonder about his end product, he seems quite clumsy, but maybe that will come with age.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm
McClennan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I'm not fan of Welbeck, but he's done the job we've needed and for the future it's great experience for him. As for his goal I thought it was one of the best of the tournament and completely intended.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:55 pm
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ronaldo was class tonight. Say what you want about the guy during his time at United (diving, cheating, soft ar$e etc) but he just ooozes class. A better all round player than Messi imho.
WIGAN RLFC

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 pm
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

WIGAN RLFC

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:51 am
John_D User avatar
Réseau 100% de Treiziste
Réseau 100% de Treiziste

They can f--- right off

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 am
Lord God Jose Mourinho User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Parlour, 39, said: "I've always believed grassroots football is essential to the lifeblood of the game.

Hopefully a team of grassroots players isn't deprived of their chance of playing at Wembley by a group of ex pros earning some sponsorship pocket money.
PreviousNext