PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "Refs not protecting Sam" - Wane

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace "Refs not protecting Sam" - Wane

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Conman wrote:
:SLEEPY:

Yeah, Wigan set out to injure all of SL because we can't play without grub tactics...

Does that mean they have removed the "car crash" pictures from the training corridor at the Orrell training ground.

I also seem to remember in the late 80's Shaun Wane targeting our younger saints players in Neill Holding, Alan Hunte and Gary Connolly, the later being an up and coming rising star as a world class full back.......thats a coincidence.
The new dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Charnock-Thompson-Jones-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:48 pm
RLBandit Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Beverley red wrote:
A non story, & Wane has been around long enough to know that big guys will smash little guys if they can catch them. the rules of the game are the same for all players large or small gifted or not. I dont recall Rob Burrows ever moaning that the big guys hammer him if they can catch him. It is the way the game is, if you are terrorising the opposition they are going to try & tackle hard & put you of your game, If you dont want to get hurt play darts.

You've obviously never played darts with me.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:05 pm
Anakin Skywalker User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Coventry Warrior! wrote:
Pointless statement. Have you watched all of Wigan's games this season? If not then you aren't really in a position to comment are you?

Have you seen every other SL game this season?
If not then you aren't really in a position to comment either.
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:36 pm
Conman Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Judder Man wrote:
Does that mean they have removed the "car crash" pictures from the training corridor at the Orrell training ground.

I also seem to remember in the late 80's Shaun Wane targeting our younger saints players in Neill Holding, Alan Hunte and Gary Connolly, the later being an up and coming rising star as a world class full back.......thats a coincidence.

You really believe Wigan set out to injure their opponents?

Yes, it was just Shaun Wane. Nobody else in Rugby League handed out big hits etc.

There's a difference between playing hard or setting out to rough a player up with sh*thouse tactics.

Wane in the interview was referring to an incident between Tomkins and Sa.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 pm
MjM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Conman wrote:
Wane in the interview was referring to an incident between Tomkins and Sa.

Wane says, "I don't just mean the Sa incident". So he clearly has other things on his mind. It would be interesting to see how Wane's apparent paranoia is reflected in his players. I don't get the impression he is a master psychologist like Tony Smith so it could have unintended consequences.
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing.

We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in.

But you’ve got to keep believing.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:23 pm
SmokeyTA Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Odem wrote:
The Rugby Gods are waiting for the peferct moment to strike back ;)

Is that what happened with Amos Roberts?
http://www.pngnrlbid.com

bUsTiNyAbALLs wrote:
Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.

vastman wrote:
My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Conman wrote:
You really believe Wigan set out to injure their opponents?

There's a difference between playing hard or setting out to rough a player up with sh*thouse tactics.

Eye, eye can we use Gouger Hock as an example of this.
The new dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Charnock-Thompson-Jones-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 pm
Coventry Bears User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
Have you seen every other SL game this season?
If not then you aren't really in a position to comment either.

:lol:

This topic is about referees doing more to protect Sam. Not quite sure how referees are to protect Sam in games he isn't playing in?

:oops:
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY

http://www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 pm
SmokeyTA Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Coventry Warrior! wrote:
:lol:

This topic is about referees doing more to protect Sam. Not quite sure how referees are to protect Sam in games he isn't playing in?

:oops:

Because it is quite clearly a relative measure. Unless wane was arguing precious little sammy needed special treatment from referees
http://www.pngnrlbid.com

bUsTiNyAbALLs wrote:
Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.

vastman wrote:
My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:49 pm
Coventry Bears User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

SmokeyTA wrote:
Because it is quite clearly a relative measure. Unless wane was arguing precious little sammy needed special treatment from referees

Not a relative measure at all. Wane is quite clearly asking for more protection of Sam Tomkins.

No one else.
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY

http://www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]
PreviousNext