PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Looks like we are going to be part of the Rovers after all:

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Doncaster RLFC - comeonlineyoudons.co.uk Looks like we are going to be part of the Rovers after all:

Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
donny hkr wrote:
Can see there might be some benefit in admin cost savings and maybe goods like medical equipment etc, but a change in colour seems a bit pointless . Two separate clubs, two separate identities, no need whatsoever to have closer ties , other than cost savings.

It harks back to the John Wright years when we went red and white against our wishes!
We fought to get Blue and Gold back.
So why on Earth kowtow to the wishes of some man in a suit?
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
originaldragon Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I am aware of the massive bias that the Free Press has towards the Rovers, so I am hoping that some of this is over exurberent reporting. That is why it is really important that we get the Dons side of the story. My reason behind posting was to ask DonsNews on behalf of the club to resond, as I know that it would be impossible to get a balanced responde back via the Free Press.

Before I make any comment, I'll await that response.
donny hkr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Stand-Offish wrote:
It harks back to the John Wright years when we went red and white against our wishes!
We fought to get Blue and Gold back.
So why on Earth kowtow to the wishes of some man in a suit?

I'm not suggesting for one second that the Dons kowtow to anyone and change colour, i'm with everyone else , the club should retain the right to choose it's own away strip colour. From what I've seen this season the board of the Dons are doing a great job, one which seems to be appreciated by the majority on here, trust them to do what's best now, at the moment it's just a newspaper article
rupert bear Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The bit that makes me laugh is the term 'The Doncaster Rovers Brand'. It's hardly Manchester United or Coca Cola is it?
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

donny hkr wrote:
I'm not suggesting for one second that the Dons kowtow to anyone and change colour, i'm with everyone else , the club should retain the right to choose it's own away strip colour. From what I've seen this season the board of the Dons are doing a great job, one which seems to be appreciated by the majority on here, trust them to do what's best now, at the moment it's just a newspaper article

I was not suggesting you were.
When I quote someone I am adding or agreeing with what they say usually.
If I am not I make it clear.
OTH :D

And by the way, the bit about the Dons agreeing to wear the Rovers away strip is fact according to the paper.
It's a done deal!
As in too late ... my parrot is a dead parrot etc ...a la Monty Python.
Last edited by Stand-Offish on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free-scoring winger

Stand-Offish wrote:
I was not suggesting you were.
When I quote someone I am adding or agreeing with what they say usually.
If I am not I make it clear.
OTH :D

And by the way the bit about the Dons agreeing to wear the Rovers away strip has been agreed.
It's a done deal!

I wouldn't bother stocking any of the away shirts next season then because they won't sell any.
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rupert bear wrote:
I wouldn't bother stocking any of the away shirts next season then because they won't sell any.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So that's beneficial to the Dons straightaway!
The mind boggles!

Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

And when the Rovers are playing away near where the Dons are playing, our players can climb into the coach's baggage hold and the Rovers will drop them off to save money.
Etc etc ......

donny hkr User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Then it does seem like a bit of an own goal as regards to merchandise sales. I'm sure the board have thier reasons for doing it, but does seem strange to not consult/ inform fans beforehand. As an earlier poster said, I'll reserve opinion till we hear something from the club.
Free-scoring winger

Stand-Offish wrote:
So that's beneficial to the Dons straightaway!
The mind boggles!

When will the Rovers new Blue and Gold away strip be released i wonder?
PreviousNext