LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1799 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - England in Euro 2012

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 pm
swifty62 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
I don't think it will Swifty. The crowd will be massively affected. I reckon at least a thousand less than it would have been on another night.

Proper pain in the botty!

i meant the date for the game wont be changed, the crowd will sadly, but the RFL wont care.
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 pm
griff1998 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I've not seen any of Euro 2012 and I'm hoping to maintain that record. :DANCE:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 pm
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I have. Quite enjoyed some of it. However, if it does come about that I have to make a choice, I shall be at Fax that evening.......
I'd just as soon not have to make that choice but hey ho..... the constraints of a broadcasting contract!!!!
Am I getting a bit daft about the immediate future of the England footy team here???
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm
griff1998 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It's more interesting if we have a team in it - don't care whether that's England, Scotland, Wales or one of the Irelands.

What we usually get, of course, is Rockall. :DEPRESSED:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 pm
E.S.O User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
I have. Quite enjoyed some of it. However, if it does come about that I have to make a choice, I shall be at Fax that evening.......
I'd just as soon not have to make that choice but hey ho..... the constraints of a broadcasting contract!!!!
Am I getting a bit daft about the immediate future of the England footy team here???

No, we'll win it.

Believe.

;)
"WE MUST HAVE COME IN A TAXI!"

Sheffield Eagles - 2012 & 2013 Championship CHAMPIONS #backtoback

Sheffield Wednesday FC - THIS CITY IS OURS

Twitter: @JamesWhaling
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm
justthebasicfax User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If the fixture clash were to prevail I reckon the crowd would be less than 1000 and the live tv audience wouldn't be much more with Sky Plus factored in. There must be some contingency plans for games postponed or abandoned, I dont know whether they would excercise that process though, and expecially not since England haven't even made the SF yet.
I can picture the scene at Red Hall...

Office staff : 'Nigel, theres a fixture clash for the Halifax Fev game, its going to hit spectators, tv and advertising very hard, what do you want us to do?'

Nige : 'What now? can't you see I'm on my Lunch'

Office staff : 'But Nigel its only half 9'

Nige : 'Get out, tell someone that gives a %^&, chomp, chomp, wafer thin my ar$5'
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

griff1998 wrote:
It's more interesting if we have a team in it - don't care whether that's England, Scotland, Wales or one of the Irelands.

What we usually get, of course, is Rockall. :DEPRESSED:

What?

WE are ENGLAND, I don't care about the OTHER NATIONS they are nowt to do with us I am English!
Do the jocks care if we win? No they would rather see us lose, same goes for the other 'home nations'.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lets face the facts, there would be a huge drop in the attendance and not many will watch it on the TV when there is the England game on so what would be the point of having it on TV with hardly anybody watching it?

Only the diehard true RL fans of both clubs will bother to turn up, I reckon the crowd will be about 1200 if it is played when the potential England semi final game is on.

What about bringing the game forward 24 hours? If you prepare for that now it could be done.
Ignore this at your peril as the gate will be well down but have Fax got any say in the matter?
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:33 am
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

If you want to get your England fix prior to the match I'm sure there will be some fat knackers playing on the 5 a-side court before our game - plenty of carthorses, plenty of players who can't pass the ball.

England: Letting people down since 1966 :-)
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 am
Norman Bates User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Can't we just ask them to put the England kick-off back a bit?
PreviousNext