PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lee Briers

Board index Super League Widnes Vikings Lee Briers

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:09 am
Old Viking Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Father Ted wrote:
You've signed Brown as half back who can't defend, now your rumoured to want Briers who can't defend? That's good thinking that is!
Have you seen your points conceded figure?
You need to sign players who can defend not one's who can't!
If you want to get off the bottom of the table then you'll have to do better than Brown, Briers and Tickle.
Poor Widnes fans, with the right recruitment you could have been so much better than you are.

I am sure Denis Betts will take your points very seriously :lol:
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Us 'Leigh' fans HATED Stu Littler 'with a passion' Local product, BUT partly because we can never beat Salford, he'd usually score, and give a 'reaction' sometimes to our crowd abuse. In a Leigh shirt though, our best 'signing' for years, gives 110% every game....we love him - the past, is in the past.
Granted though in rivalry stakes, leigh v salford, is NOT wire v widnes.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 pm
Wire Yed User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Don't mean this to come across as arrogant so forgive me if it does...

Lee Briers is currently the 1st name on a team sheet of a team that is challenging for and winning honours and he isn't good enough for a team that is currently at the bottom of the league with the worst points for and against?

If this was a player who didn't play for your rivals would the same still stand?

If it was the other way round and can tell you for nothing i'd jump through hoops to get Lee in my team.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:24 am
mickburkes boots Strong-running second rower

Horatio Yed wrote:
Don't mean this to come across as arrogant so forgive me if it does...

Lee Briers is currently the 1st name on a team sheet of a team that is challenging for and winning honours and he isn't good enough for a team that is currently at the bottom of the league with the worst points for and against?

If this was a player who didn't play for your rivals would the same still stand?

If it was the other way round and can tell you for nothing i'd jump through hoops to get Lee in my team.

Totally agreee there Yed, he's certainty best stand off in this country since Tony myler best out and out kicker I've seen since shaun Edwards would be my first choice week in week out :thumb:
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:29 am
J20 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

First name on the team sheet? Hmmm...

mickburkes boots wrote:
Totally agreee there Yed, he's certainty best stand off in this country since Tony myler best out and out kicker I've seen since shaun Edwards would be my first choice week in week out :thumb:

:THINK:
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010

Twitter: @JoeyViking
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm

J20 wrote:
First name on the team sheet? Hmmm...

:THINK:

Its only my opinion and watched widi widnes for 35 yrs so watched Great players ,Good players ,and of later years plenty of poop players too :D
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:06 pm
wirethunder Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Location: Warrington. Where all the jobs and money is in the North West.
No offence, but why would Lee want to sign for no-hopers like Widnes when there's a new contract offer on the table from trophy-chasing Wire?
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 am
J20 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

wirethunder wrote:
No offence, but why would Lee want to sign for no-hopers like Widnes when there's a new contract offer on the table from trophy-chasing Wire?

Talk is its a longer offer.

FWIW though I agree and if he joined Widnes I don't think it would work out too well for either party!
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010

Twitter: @JoeyViking
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:01 pm

wirethunder wrote:

:LOL: hes back !!! May be that he wants to come to a big club with Big history simple :SUBMISSION:
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:41 pm
Redchemic User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

mickburkes boots wrote:
:LOL: hes back !!! May be that he wants to come to a big club with Big history simple :SUBMISSION:

Mick, why do you assume it's a he? It obviously has no discernable genitalia!

Most likely not a Wire fan anyhoo, just a sad loner trying to communicate with real people but not grasping how to before moving on to make a big statement - march up the highstreet in his camouflage gear etc...
Dirty Old Town

littlerich is a Viking!!
PreviousNext