PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Questions that need to be answered

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Questions that need to be answered

 

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:55 pm
ThePrinter Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 3692
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Gotcha wrote:
Does he defend two in from that position for the under 20's? as with McDermotts tactics, he would be if in first team.


No but neither did Delaney when McClennen played him at RIGHT centre in 2010, so doing that on the left centre wouldn't be much fun for him either.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:49 pm
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:13 pm
Posts: 7345
Location: Garth's Darkplace.
Gotcha wrote:
Does he defend two in from that position for the under 20's? as with McDermotts tactics, he would be if in first team.


One would hope that the club has a set pattern of play for the U20's and the 1st team. It would make it then a smooth transition from U20's to senior squad as everyone would know what they are doing.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:14 pm
craigizzard Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:10 pm
Posts: 2602
DHM wrote:
One would hope that the club has a set pattern of play for the U20's and the 1st team. It would make it then a smooth transition from U20's to senior squad as everyone would know what they are doing.


The U20s outstanding results suggest this is unlikely.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm
Posts: 4289
RoyFrancis wrote:
None of the above, just wait and see! :wink:


Soooo come on ..what do you know ? :D
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:48 pm
Homer Simpson User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:30 pm
Posts: 1652
Location: 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield.


nantwichexile wrote:
Another one determined to ignore the successful academy team. Not a lot of point having one really is there ?


Oh he's happy to have one, but farm them out o lower league teams, hoping they will get an Admin job (see Halifax), so they dont come back
It's Official - "Homer Simpson is a Leeds Fan"
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 am
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 4:13 pm
Posts: 7345
Location: Garth's Darkplace.
craigizzard wrote:
The U20s outstanding results suggest this is unlikely.


That made me laugh on the outside and cry on the inside.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am
West Leeds Rhino User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:31 am
Posts: 475
Location: Leeds
nantwichexile wrote:
Geez .. I was only trying to stimulate debate. I base my opinions on what I have seen and heard live and on TV/radio; no more. How "WORTHWHILE" that is I don't know, but nowhere have I ever professed to be the ultimate all knowing oracle ( unlike others ). There was no need for G1 to reply with a retort no doubt meant to provoke.... Can't see any other reason for the content. I chose to largely ignore it with a flippant riposte on his continued apostrophe faux pas.

Next thing I have a host of his apologists demanding I take heed of his absolutely sacrosant valid point that I am repeating myself.

I apologise for my crime ..... M c Dermott and the boys I adore you unquestioningly and I promise no more undue irreverence. You can all do no wrong. Bow bow scrape scrape..... I will attend every match too before I dare to pass adverse opinion again ...

Phooey :)


At no point did I suggest that you should forfeit your right to opinion. It just annoys me ever so slightly when you spout off about aspects of a match you have not witnessed, and usually one of the first to do so. I never said you had to attend every match, but watching, or listening to commentary would be a good start. Your aversion to the idea of attending games, should you be able, is your choice, albeit poorly reasoned.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:39 am
El Diablo User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 12037
Location: The Middle of the Land
Nantwich, you're obviously entitled to your opinions, and entitled to post them. Equally, however, once you do it on a public forum, people are entitled to question how well informedthey are.

May I enquire as to how many times you've watched our successful academy team this year?

Incidentally, on the "what's the point in having the academy" question, I'd argue that providing players in the current season isn't really its core purpose at all. It is, surely, supposed to be providing FUTURE players, isn't it? I'm not saying that means academy players shouldn't play in the first team, just that if they don't that doesn't negate the whole purpose of its existence, as you appeared to suggest.

Further, at the risk of being labelled a G1 apologist, you ARE repeating yourself, and again, while you're entitled to do so, the rest of us are equally entitled to point out that we might find it boring to the point of being irritating enough that we respond to it. Which I suppose means you have succeeded in stimulating debate, it just might not be the debate you were aiming for.

Just saying.
OBN Wannabe
Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm
Posts: 4289
El Diablo wrote:
Nantwich, you're obviously entitled to your opinions, and entitled to post them. Equally, however, once you do it on a public forum, people are entitled to question how well informedthey are.

May I enquire as to how many times you've watched our successful academy team this year?

Incidentally, on the "what's the point in having the academy" question, I'd argue that providing players in the current season isn't really its core purpose at all. It is, surely, supposed to be providing FUTURE players, isn't it? I'm not saying that means academy players shouldn't play in the first team, just that if they don't that doesn't negate the whole purpose of its existence, as you appeared to suggest.

Further, at the risk of being labelled a G1 apologist, you ARE repeating yourself, and again, while you're entitled to do so, the rest of us are equally entitled to point out that we might find it boring to the point of being irritating enough that we respond to it. Which I suppose means you have succeeded in stimulating debate, it just might not be the debate you were aiming for.

Just saying.


I guess some opinions are more qualified than others but some take them more seriously than others. If my opinions annoy anybody "ever so slightly" then I am indeed flattered that my ( oft repeated ) opinions matter to that degree that they must be responded to.

Personally I would ignore them :)

Just saying.

I reserve the right to not have to further explain or justify myself .... Or is that verboten ?
Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:43 am
El Diablo User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 12037
Location: The Middle of the Land
nantwichexile wrote:
I guess some opinions are more qualified than others but some take them more seriously than others. If my opinions annoy anybody "ever so slightly" then I am indeed flattered that my ( oft repeated ) opinions matter to that degree that they must be responded to.

Personally I would ignore them :)

Just saying.

I reserve the right to not have to further explain or justify myself .... Or is that verboten ?


I wouldn't be too flattered. I find lots of people annoying who have no particular bearing on my life. It isn't that they must be responded to , per se. It's more that responding to things is what internet forums are all about.

If I ignored every lunatic opinion on here I'd have to stop posting and find sopmething else to do with my time. And I'm feeling far too short on imagination for that.

You can reserve the right to do more or less whatever you want on a web forum, so you have no obligation to explain or justify yourself.
OBN Wannabe
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cheekydiddles, Fat Boy, Ferdy, Fieldheadrhino, Him, jarol, lionarmour87, loiner81, Maverick Rhino, rugbyleague88, t drednowts is cumin!, tad rhino, The Magic Rat, ThePrinter and 127 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 RLFANS.COM