PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Good news for Castleford in LDF too!

Board index Super League Castleford Tigers Good news for Castleford in LDF too!

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 pm
binks User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Inflatable_Armadillo wrote:
Just one other quick point, that might be worth putting on the 'other Forum'. I understand that WMDC are working very hard on Cas's behalf to ensure that they get as much as they can from the deal for Cas so they can build GH.

WMDC haven't favoured either club and just because you don't necessarily see the hard work they are doing for the club, doesn't mean they are not doing it!

Cheers IA and I know the prob answer! but How long are CT looking at before News
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:28 pm
Inflatable_Armadillo User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

binks wrote:
Cheers IA and I know the prob answer! but How long are CT looking at before News

Yep, I think you know the answer too! :wink:

The last I heard anything was a couple of months ago, so it is the old how long is a piece of string! This deal might have moved on already and my info be out of date!

I would expect that RW will give some sort of update very soon though, given the imminent final decision on Newmarket.
Change is inevitable
...except from a vending machine!

BillyRhino wrote:
So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish>

IA mode off. :wink:
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 am
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

So Wheldon Road to go back to the original plan of housing. Round and round in circles we go.
"I think music is a big, big wide world, and I am voyager on this particular ship in this sea of wild music, and I'm gonna dive in and find as many fish as I can and catch them all. I love music". Phil Anselmo - DOWN
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:00 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Tigerade wrote:
So Wheldon Road to go back to the original plan of housing. Round and round in circles we go.

No? Where the hell did you pull that from?
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:55 pm
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Tesco possibly want to go on the Nestle site with their new store and a deal is being brokered for Opus to tie the whole thing up in one big deal with both sites being developed and the actual WR ground site being used for housing, as planned previously, as part of a bigger mixed use development.

If IA is correct with this Fully this could be how it goes:-

Tesco buy the Nestle site through Opus
Supermarket to be built on old Nestle site
Persimmon buy WR through Opus
Housing built on old CT site
Cas Tigers get funds for GH through Opus

It wasn't that long ago there was an article in the P & C saying the deal was a complex one involving not just the old ground but the whole WR part of the town including Hicksons and Nestles.
"I think music is a big, big wide world, and I am voyager on this particular ship in this sea of wild music, and I'm gonna dive in and find as many fish as I can and catch them all. I love music". Phil Anselmo - DOWN
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:38 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I think IA has got his wires crossed. The supermarket is going on WR and this was said a month ago. Other sites in the area will get redeveloped but WR is the largest and will be the quickest to be redeveloped.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:06 am
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Hope you a right Fully. :thumb:
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:11 am
casman2 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Yep, I think you know the answer too! :wink:

The last I heard anything was a couple of months ago, so it is the old how long is a piece of string! This deal might have moved on already and my info be out of date!

I would expect that RW will give some sort of update very soon though, given the imminent final decision on Newmarket.

Apparently we have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow regarding the stadium.

Also surprised nobody has mentioned this yet......
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 am
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

casman2 wrote:
Also surprised nobody has mentioned this yet......

Go on then Casman2 - I'll be the first (even though its going slightly off-topic).

I have ben told be someone who works in government circles than even though the land has been changed to brownbelt the stadium won't be allowed to be built on the NM site. Wakey fans - don't shoot me down on this - it might not be correct and I hope it works out for you. The guy who told me is adament it's not going to happen but I cannot honestly see how they can come up with an excuse not to pass it.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:53 am
bigalf User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Tigerade wrote:
Go on then Casman2 - I'll be the first (even though its going slightly off-topic).

I have ben told be someone who works in government circles than even though the land has been changed to brownbelt the stadium won't be allowed to be built on the NM site. Wakey fans - don't shoot me down on this - it might not be correct and I hope it works out for you. The guy who told me is adament it's not going to happen but I cannot honestly see how they can come up with an excuse not to pass it.

The land that is to be taken out of Green Belt is the land for the B8 Wharehouse Units only. The Staduim and community pitches, Starter B1 Units , Hotel, Drive Thru' etc are all still on Green Belt even after the LDf report.

And back to the topic - In the "Castleford Growth Delivery Plan" recently announced, The Wheldon Road ground is designated as Employment or Housing whilst the Nestle site is designated Housing only.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

"I can tell you the atmosphere was extraordinary at Wheldon Road on big days. The ground held around 15,000 people, every one of them close to the action on the field and the noise would be enough to send a rumble through the town" - Malcolm Reilly "Reilly - A Life in Rugby League"
PreviousNext