PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - If you must discuss Union, do it here II

Board index Other Sports Other Sports If you must discuss Union, do it here II

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.

Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Australia v Scotland has to be one of the worst games of union, in fact any sport, that I've ever seen. The fact that people on here and other forums were talking about the 'celebrations' highlights just how dull the game was. I missed the first England game but after reading the match report and comments from people who did catch it, I'm not too sure I want to put myself through the remaing tour matches.

---Edit---

Had half an hour before work so watched a bit of SA Barbarians v England. Was this game for friends and family only? Because the crowd looks around 500. The basic skills on show here are embarrassing.... and the South Africans aren't much better.
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
fc baldy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: THE HOME CITY OF LUKE CAMPBELL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
Soth Africa get awarded a try using his armpit.
“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club.

Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you.

"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005
JonB95 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

first 20 mins or so was the most heartless, gutless, USELESS performance of any England team i've seen! they are lucky that they woke up (or SA took their foot off the gas) because they were heading for an embarrassing defeat! instead they are being dubbed as battling heroes!
JonB95 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

"I'm not picking on the Irish, but a lot of the people that were ejected and removed and caused some problems were wearing green and gold, so one can assume they were supporting the Irish."

Senior Sergeant Banfield says the Irish fans displayed some very stupid behaviour including the half-time streaker.

"She came from the Irish part of the east stand where they had their green and gold flags. Obviously she wasn't wearing anything so I couldn't tell which team she supported."

:lol:
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Swashbuckling Ireland and their exciting brand of maverick rugby union. Ballcocks! The NH is so far behind the three SH countries it's untrue. And to think there were people shouting about Scotland's one point victory over bloody Samoa.
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
gutterfax User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Catalancs wrote:
Swashbuckling Ireland and their exciting brand of maverick rugby union. Ballcocks! The NH is so far behind the three SH countries it's untrue. And to think there were people shouting about Scotland's one point victory over bloody Samoa.

I knew what was coming Irelands way last night.......the All Blacks were incredible for the first 25 minutes......if they play like that in the championship, then the other 3 countries will be playing for a runners up sport....
Wales v Australia has been a bore-athon, England ponderous and scotland have fallen too far behind...
35,000 at the U20's final....full fouse in Sydney, Hamilton and Port Elizabeth.....as boring as the game can be, it knows how to sell itself!
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.
Conroy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

gutterfax wrote:
Wales v Australia has been a bore-athon

5 penalty kicks at goal in the first 20 minutes. Dear me.
WIGAN RLFC
gutterfax User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Conroy wrote:
5 penalty kicks at goal in the first 20 minutes. Dear me.

As I said, a bore-a-thon...but about 350,000 people watched the 9 tests involving Wales, Ireland and England.........they certainly know how to polish the turd and sell it.
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.
Goochie User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I was a bit tired yesterday afternoon, stuck England South Africa on and bang, asleep in 10 minutes.

That was the first pro game I'd watched since the 6 Nations, and I really had forgotten how dull it was, I've been to watch Hull RUFC, Yorkshire and the Huddersfield Uni team a few times, and that is far more entertaining watching than full international matches.
PreviousNext