PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gary Thornton

Board index Super League Castleford Tigers Gary Thornton

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm
Trouble Darn T Lane User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I have heard that the Dewsbury Rams are becoming very interested in our academy coach Gary Thornton,he would be a big loss to our club imo if he went

word has it that he would take it too if it was offered as he's not convinced at all by Basil's coaching and how he's handling the club and it's players at present,apparently the whole coaching team don't rate him one bit and reckon that the club has gone back years from when matterson was at the club and that the after effects of this will show up down the line

Should we be concerned about Basil if this is true?
Wigan Warriors coach Shaun Wane told BBC Radio Manchester:
"Some people within the club [Castleford] have come out with comments saying we're beatable and it's a great game for them and they're very confident.
Many of the comments I've heard have been bordering on disrespectful.
They can be as confident as they want, but they're going to get a tough game this weekend and we'll be trying our best to make sure they don't get that win.
We've played in some big games over these last few years and they've not played in as many, if any, so to be that confident is very risky for them.
They come here with confidence because they've scored a lot of points and beaten us at home, but I wouldn't be overconfident if I was them."

Incidentally Wane's mob got stuffed 16 - 4
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wouldn't believe a word of it.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 pm
inside man User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fully wrote:

Your answer to everything.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:28 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

inside man wrote:
Your answer to everything.

Your trolling really is getting tedious? Never mind Gronk will be along to quote the AUP at you soon enough. :PRAY:
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:42 pm
hazzard Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Fully wrote:

which part would you not believe

Thornton leaving

or

Millwards coaching
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Millward's coaching.

To be fair, I'm surprised Thornton has stayed this long. Was a very good coach at Batley so it seems unusual for him to stay down the ranks at Cas.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 am
mdean User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Agree - don't think it is any surprise GT attracts attention of clubs for his experience.... but that is why. his experience.

Anything else is merely conveniently adding another dimension that doesn't exist - if Basil and GT had aproblem with each other, they would have encouraged each other to pursue other opportunities by now, for someone of Gary's experience int he game, he could have gone somewhere else quicker and easier than this.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am
inside man User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Fully wrote:
Your trolling really is getting tedious? Never mind Gronk will be along to quote the AUP at you soon enough. :PRAY:

Trolling? Just pointing out your inability to remove your head from the sand.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:32 am
kinleycat User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

inside man wrote:

Thats far kinder than where i thought you may suggest his head resided. :D
Back O/T, GT is a very well respected coach and a nice guy, i'm sure if Mildred wanted shut he would have been gone by now, but he won't be short of offers, very much Cas's loss, but equally very lucky having him in the job in the first place.
READ THE AUP:
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:56 pm
Fully User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

inside man wrote:

Deliberately taking a pot-shot at me, avoiding the AUP and not speaking about the topic subject? Yeah, clear trolling actually.

Much of the backroom staff is what Millward brought in to be honest.
Next