PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Exiles Game

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 pm
The_Enforcer Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Whilst we are at it change back to Great Britain rather than England. I know there would be very few if any players from the other nations that would get into the England team but England just doesnt have the same feel to it as Great Britain did. I always used to look forward to GB V Aus/NZ but these days i just dont get the same excitement with England.

And somebody please get rid of McNamara as head coach. At the very best he would be acceptable as assistant but having him as head coach is painful and quite honestly embarrassing. Id even rather have John Kear over this clown.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 pm
rochdale warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

6 Leeds players enough said.
THE ONE AND ONLY "LATICS" ,
Ronnie Blair scorer of the goal that wasn't given
Oldham Athletic v Man Utd 28th Dec 1975
"Nothing changes"
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:05 pm
warrior1872 Stevo's Armpit

this exiles game will never reach the intensity of international rugby,go back to playing the french at least the bulk of the french national squad play in super league with the catalan dragons.the sooner we face facts in this country that we will never replicate the genuine hatred of the state of origin the better!!! :BEAT:
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:56 pm
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Albion wrote:
Give over :lol: there were other fans in the stadium booing...not just Saints fans.

We were having anti-Saints/Wigan/Warrington/Leeds songs coming from a few Saints and Wigan fans in the west

Translates as: "Weren't just me, miss. Everyone else wer doing it too."
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:58 pm
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

warrior1872 wrote:
this exiles game will never reach the intensity of international rugby,go back to playing the french at least the bulk of the french national squad play in super league with the catalan dragons.the sooner we face facts in this country that we will never replicate the genuine hatred of the state of origin the better!!! :BEAT:

I agree, we shouldn't even try. We should just roll over and die.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:19 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rochdale warrior wrote:
6 Leeds players enough said.

I could understand that comment had England or the Knights lost.
But both teams won with all those nasty Leeds players in. Shocking.
I see the Rugby Gods were at it again.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 pm
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

chapylad wrote:

So it would seem. :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18472061
WIGAN RLFC

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2013

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2010, 2011 & 2013

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:53 pm
Hendy Charming User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

We should replace the Exiles game with re-starting the Lancashire v Yorkshire games. It only failed last time because of:
a, Sky marketed it so poorly, and called it the Origin match, ignoring hundreds of years of rivalry (and a war), just to copy the Australians
b, One side was much weaker than the other. This has been the case in Australia now for six years and interest is still high due to the rivalry. As Super league is now, you could easily pick two competitive teams to contest the series for each county.
I Just Can't Get Enough!!!
Ellery Hanley For England!
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 am
sanjunien User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

chapylad wrote:
I could understand that comment had England or the Knights lost.
But both teams won with all those nasty Leeds players in. Shocking.

well Stuart I don't personally care which club the players are from if it helps the national side to play well and hopefully win but as a non Leeds fan I feel Peacock, great servant of the game should now hang up his international boots and Sinfield be played in another position or replaced - no problem with Hall & the others who are the future of England IMO - so much talent at Headingley and so much jealousy from the other clubs who would love to have some of your players turning out for them...
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 am
Wigan Peer User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Hendy Charming wrote:
We should replace the Exiles game with re-starting the Lancashire v Yorkshire games. It only failed last time because of:
a, Sky marketed it so poorly, and called it the Origin match, ignoring hundreds of years of rivalry (and a war), just to copy the Australians
b, One side was much weaker than the other. This has been the case in Australia now for six years and interest is still high due to the rivalry. As Super league is now, you could easily pick two competitive teams to contest the series for each county.

A war??
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper.

Big Steve wrote:
The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them.
PreviousNext