PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - our worst ever signings

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves our worst ever signings

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:21 pm
Moving Forward User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

That Lee Briers geezer, what's he ever done....
Yed wrote:
A player who scores a hatrick in a final against the current SL champions will always have a place in Wire history

Horatio Yed wrote:
Simon Grix, rugby leagues answer to the Karma Sutra, f'kn the opposition in every position.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:22 pm
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

getdownmonkeyman wrote:
Tony Tatupu; had an abundance of ability. Unfortunately, his application was the polar opposite.

Pointless signings: Doc Murray, Antony Swann, Martin Dermot (knees shot), Kris Watson.

Those caning Neil Parsley, etc, seem to have forgotten the state we were in at the time of theses signings. poop creek wouldn't come close.

Correct, xe didn't spend much on the 4 other signings xe made that year, the bloke from Salford, and 3 other blokes, that alien looking fella, the bloke who fights. And the prop who thought he was a stand off

"i have a phobia of Wolves"
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:46 pm
the flying biscuit User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

the flying biscuit wrote:
what a poop post even today at 44 years of Age Walters looks nothing like a fat PLEASE DON'T USE THAT TERM AGAIN, IT IS NOT WELCOME ON RLFANS from St Helens. Like I said a few pages back the bloke came over to England just over a couple of years after his Wife had died of Cancer leaving him bringing up three young boys. I can fully understand Why he decided he wanted to go back home after one Game......

if you judge the qualities of a former Brisbane, Queensland, and Australia Legend after his first game inf England then I would imagine only Allan Langer would have lasted more than one game for Wires, how many Overseas players have had sparkling debuts....???

Walters decided it wasnt for him and went home thats fair enough at least he turned up unlike Campion and at least he didnt rob us for a season like Steve Roach, and at least he wasnt crap for two seasons flicking the bird to our fans like Matt king......

Oh The irony of the entire thread versus a minor slang word
.......................just like the last four its always our year..........

Boz the Warrior wrote: lee briers is a nice person whoooo luck at lee forming a scrum the wire bum banger
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:52 pm
the ditch User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Did anyone actually Rate Mark Jones we sighned him from Hull iirc??
A great big Lump of a bloke,i do remember him knocking Gary Tees spark out at Wilderspool one season.
Looking forward to the future......

not livin in the past...
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:54 pm
citywolf User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

For me, David Kidwell must be up there with the worst signings. The guy had the ability, as proven by his subsequent NRL appearances. But his showing for us was shocking.

As The Flying Biscuit says, Matt King was dire for his first 18 months/2 years. But pulled it back when Tony Smith arrived..... Which just shows how important a coach is. Could Sullivan have been as good as Monaghan at hooker if Smith was coaching him??????

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever see a worse half back at Wire as Tom O'Reilly. Truley shocking that he made the first team.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:15 pm
Wire Yed User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Not saying he's bad, not at all but i always thought Simon Gillies would have done more than he did, i remember thinking naively (being fairly young then) that he was going to be a world beater and lift us to glory.

Was his contract always going to be a year or did he get fed up/injured?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm
Winslade's Offload Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hells bells, how long is this list going to get ??

If we get any more there will only be Brian Bevan and Lee Briers left.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 pm
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

No No No!
There was nothing wrong with Kidwell. He got great service off Langer, and he looked quality. As soon as Langer left, he got NO service (due to the halves at the time) and therefore looked poor.
As soon as he was back in the NRL again, he was quality.

Going back to Yed's recent post re Gillies. I was underwhelmed with him, too, but (as with 1 year of Kidwell's stint) he had nowt around him.Didn't we sign Gillies with SoO experience behind him?
....and this lad's been sat on the bench...............doesn't it make you wonder?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

citywolf wrote:
As The Flying Biscuit says, Matt King was dire for his first 18 months/2 years. But pulled it back when Tony Smith arrived..... Which just shows how important a coach is. Could Sullivan have been as good as Monaghan at hooker if Smith was coaching him??????

No, Sullivan was a bench player in the NRL who made his name from being fast and speeding up the pace of the game when he came on, Monaghan was one of the best players in the NRL, the season before he joined us (2007) he was one of the form players of the league.

As we saw when Sullivan went back to the NRL he didn't last long at Canterbury Bulldogs. He just wasn't really that good a player. He struck lucky getting himself a big deal with us and a big reputation that he wasn't able to match.
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011
Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 pm
fez1 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

getdownmonkeyman wrote:
Tony Tatupu; had an abundance of ability. Unfortunately, his application was the polar opposite.

Did really well for the Warriors (just re-reading Dean Bells book), but not impressed with him in p&b
PreviousNext