PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tommy

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 pm
tank123 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

JCWWRL wrote:
can he play in CC though?? If its true Tommy is only 10 weeks out he'd be back in time for play offs but will deffo miss the semi and possibly the CC final.

From what i read earlier the injur season ending. If only 10 weeks then no its pointless i agree.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:49 pm
WarriorWithin User avatar
Strong-running second rower

NickyKiss wrote:
If it's 10 weeks i'd probably just crack on with what we've got unless there's a good option in the NRL.

There's no point us signing cup tied players as to be truthful, the cup games are the only one's that matter between now and September.

Spot on mate.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:15 pm
Leeds Thirteen User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

wiganstripleL wrote:
yesterday was nothing short of a farce!not only was the game one of the most boring games iv ever been to, the abuse sam and gaz hock got was a disgrace, how can our sport expect be taken serious at international level when your own fans boo an england player when he scores a try???

Did this really happen ? Pathetic if true :FRUSRATED:
" Nothings changed for all the deaths or their ideas created,
its just the same fascistic games but the rules arent clearly stated
nothings really different , all governments the same ,
they can call it freedom , but slavery is the game "
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:39 pm
Katrina User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Leeds Thirteen wrote:

I heard them booing Gaz Hock when he scored, I was watching it on TV and it was loud enough for the mics to pick up.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:57 pm
wiganstripleL Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Leeds Thirteen wrote:

it sure did! i was stood in the west stand!
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:59 pm
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

wiganstripleL wrote:
it sure did! i was stood in the west stand!

True, my Saints supporting son-in-law said he heard it at the game. But he did go on to say it was not the majority, just a few Saints idiots.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:51 pm
stpatricks User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

All the Wigan players had their names booed when the team was announced there were also boos when Hock and Tomkins scored
Wigan home of league
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm
Mash Butty User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

But we used to boo Sam when he scored, can't have double standards
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 pm
Hotshot Stevo's Armpit

Rather than throw £350,000 at Cas for Chase to come now, Should we not just offer Salford £20,000 for Matty Smith who's signing anyway and can cover both Tommy's roles at half back and hooker?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm
JCWWRL User avatar

Hotshot wrote:
Rather than throw £350,000 at Cas for Chase to come now, Should we not just offer Salford £20,000 for Matty Smith who's signing anyway and can cover both Tommy's roles at half back and hooker?

Matty Smith could be worth more to them with a chance of play offs but he's still cup tied for CC anyway
exiled Warrior wrote:
Denis Betts was an outstanding player (I don't get how anyone could think otherwise unless they only saw him later in his career when he had slowed down a bit) - similar to Joel Tomkins but better, fast and strong and hard.

moonlight flit wrote:
Betts was World class as a second rower. He had speed and strength to burn. It's no coincidence that he was around when we won the 8. He won the Lance Todd and Man of steel for Gods sake ! I'm hard pushed to name an Ozzie that would have been better.

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Similar to Hoffman but better. All round complete SR forward. Anyone who says otherwise couldn't have possibly seen him play.

gerr'emonside wrote:
Denis Betts was possibly the most complete second rower I have ever seen! Never hit the heights as much in his second stint but was still probably the best SR in super league when he came back frrom Auckland
PreviousNext