PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - PS, Xbox, Wii, PC and other Gaming #10

Board index Off Topic The Sin Bin PS, Xbox, Wii, PC and other Gaming #10

 
Off-topic discussion.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 pm
WireFanatic III User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 31382
Roddy B wrote:
:lol:

Know the feeling mate. Most backward game ever.


It's awful mate, simply awful. Me and my mate were that annoyed with it, we put PES2008 on the PS2 and it was a much smoother, flowing game.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm
WireFanatic III User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 31382
Saddened! wrote:
I don't really get your point. Are you suggesting you can't pass to players in FIFA? And that strikers don't play up front?


Well since I stated the above in my last post, then yeah, I guess I am suggesting that. However, it's not really a suggestion, just a statement of fact. Having played the game quite a number of times against my brother in law a couple of weeks ago, and seeing how awful the passing is, how it never goes to the player you want it to (or goes out of play), how utterly terrible the through ball pass is (which never ever reaches your intended target) and how whenever you are on the attack (even when playing ultra attacking), as the ball carrier approaches the half way line, your striker is actually running BEHIND the man with the ball, I feel that I have valid reasons to call this game utter poop.

Now I know you're a bit of a FIFA buff, you play it all the time, so you will be weaing the EA/FIFA tinted specs, however I am also a football fan, enjoy my football games, actually own FIFA 10 & 11 (which were much better) but I stand by my comment that FIFA 12 is quite possibly one of the worst football games I have ever played. I'm dreading when FIFA '13 comes out.

Saddened! wrote:
Both seem relatively bizarre suggestions. I could understand criticism of the lack of variety and ping pong passing, but not that.


Not bizarre in the slightest. I've seen it first hand, it frustrates the hell out of me. In actual fact, the ping pong passing is more accurate than passing to feet. But I'm not a long ball kinda person, but playing this game, you have to be.

And don't get me started on the pathetically unrealistic crossing of the ball from the flanks. Anyone would think you were playing in a wind tunnel the way the cross whips in, and then ends up curving in a 90 degree angle and heading back towards the half way line.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 pm
Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 7124
Location: Warrington
WireFanatic III wrote:
It's awful mate, simply awful. Me and my mate were that annoyed with it, we put PES2008 on the PS2 and it was a much smoother, flowing game.


Agreed. This is what Saddened never grasps with Fifa. The almost moronic pace in which Fifa is played really is frustrating. I don't mind it being hard, but when it's endless closing down, endless AI gaffs and infuriatingly repetitive, it really is shown up when you go back to the older PES games and realise what made them so great.

I remember when last year's PES demo came out, the original demo was outstandingly good. The football was played at varying speeds, but it was so realistic and seemed like a 'proper' footy game. Then they updated it and it was awful: fast, dumb and ugly to look at. I keep my fingers crossed that Konami release a smash hit this summer, but I really can't see it. They're not only well behind in the gameplay stakes, they're well behind in the game mode area as well. It will take a miracle for them to better Fifa, but if they can get the gameplay better (which isn't hard), then they'll have 80% of the job done.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:52 pm
Posts: 37507
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:19 am
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 8633
Location: King George Dock
So finally decided to get myself another xbox (had a first gen xbox years ago). I went to with the deal from Sainsburys which a poster on this thread told me about, thankyou for that btw :)
I bought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with the console and then bought GOW3 for £15.
Next I'm going to buy Halo Reach and then I reckon I'll wait for:
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Medal of Honour (looks better than the new COD imo)
Hitman: Absolution
GOW4
Crysis 3
and the game I'm most looking forward to is, The last of us! Looks brilliant.

When all of these come out though I do not know.
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 pm
Nothus User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 2676
Location: Bradford
A unknown superstar wrote:
So finally decided to get myself another xbox (had a first gen xbox years ago). I went to with the deal from Sainsburys which a poster on this thread told me about, thankyou for that btw :)
I bought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with the console and then bought GOW3 for £15.
Next I'm going to buy Halo Reach and then I reckon I'll wait for:
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Medal of Honour (looks better than the new COD imo)
Hitman: Absolution
GOW4
Crysis 3
and the game I'm most looking forward to is, The last of us! Looks brilliant.

When all of these come out though I do not know.


Don't forget to check out the Live Marketplace. It's one of the only few reasons why it's worth owning a 360. Fez, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Castle Crashers, Shadow Planet all great games that you should definitely be checking out asap (if you haven't already - most are available on Steam too).
WireFanatic III User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 31382
A unknown superstar wrote:
So finally decided to get myself another xbox (had a first gen xbox years ago). I went to with the deal from Sainsburys which a poster on this thread told me about, thankyou for that btw :)
I bought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with the console and then bought GOW3 for £15.
Next I'm going to buy Halo Reach and then I reckon I'll wait for:
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Medal of Honour (looks better than the new COD imo)
Hitman: Absolution
GOW4
Crysis 3
and the game I'm most looking forward to is, The last of us! Looks brilliant.

When all of these come out though I do not know.


Cannot wait for Blacklist to come out, playing Conviction at the moment and I'm loving it!

Just a shame Michael Ironside won't be reprising his voice role as Sam Fisher.
Paddy_88 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:33 pm
Posts: 972
Location: Somewhere you're not!!!
A unknown superstar wrote:
So finally decided to get myself another xbox (had a first gen xbox years ago). I went to with the deal from Sainsburys which a poster on this thread told me about, thankyou for that btw :)
I bought Ghost Recon: Future Soldier with the console and then bought GOW3 for £15.
Next I'm going to buy Halo Reach and then I reckon I'll wait for:
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Medal of Honour (looks better than the new COD imo)
Hitman: Absolution
GOW4
Crysis 3
and the game I'm most looking forward to is, The last of us! Looks brilliant.

When all of these come out though I do not know.


The Last Of Us is a PS3 exclusive.
A unknown superstar User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Posts: 8633
Location: King George Dock
Paddy_88 wrote:
The Last Of Us is a PS3 exclusive.

That I did not know :)
May have found a reason to keep hold of my PS3 then. I ain't a big gamer at all and only really bought the PS3 because I'm an impulsive (correct word?) buyer so was going to get rid of my PS3 and replace it with an out and out blu ray player. Think I may hold on to it now.

Any idea when the get is due to be released?
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".
EL CAMO User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:05 pm
Posts: 3569
Location: God's county
Recently broke my copy of GTA IV that I never got round to finishing and I fancy dusting it off so I'm going to invest in a new copy.
Anyone know where I could pick one up from for the best deal?
Rally round the Robins!

Voice Of Reason wrote:
I Agree that Hull FC players LOST this game once again....but don't ingnore what the SMIRKIN scumbag GANSON influence had on our own downfall.
He's a deceiving cheating little fat little fcker who will go onto turn us over at every little chance.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JerryChicken and 31 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to The Sin Bin



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 RLFANS.COM