LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1063 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - England squad named

Board index RLFANS MAIN The Virtual Terrace England squad named

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:39 pm
Loyal Leeds Fan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Should have Darrell Goulding at stand off. He's been awesome this year.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm
inside_man Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Loyal Leeds Fan wrote:

He has, but I wouldn't play him at stand off. Centre would probably be a better bet.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:44 pm
Famous User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Loyal Leeds Fan wrote:

Like Sinfield he is never a Stand Off so that wouldnt work either.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 pm
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

OK I get it, you don't rate Sinfield :wink:
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

Loyal Leeds Fan wrote:
OK I get it, you don't rate Sinfield :wink:

I do, I think he's been fantastic for Leeds. The entire system is built around him and it works, and has for a long time.

However, if your going to build a side around a player for England, it most certainly ISN'T Sinfield. So it's daft to try and put him in a position where in all honest, he's more likely to reduce the effectiveness of better players. I dont' think we saw anywhere near the productivity from Chase + Tomkins as we could have in the 4 nations, cos the ball just constantly went into Sinfields hands and the onus was on him to create something.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:16 pm
ThePrinter User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
So if England lose its Sinfield's fault
If we win it would of been by more if not for Sinfield
Chase & Tomkins would play better if it wasn't for Sinfield
Sinfield is also responsible for 9/11, Shergar and the Lindbergh baby.
"Look, it weren't great, it weren't pretty, but it didn't have to be.........we just had to win!"

Kevin Sinfield

28/9/2012
Wigan 12 - 13 Leeds
Super League Playoffs Final Eliminator
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member

ThePrinter wrote:
So if England lose its Sinfield's fault
If we win it would of been by more if not for Sinfield
Chase & Tomkins would play better if it wasn't for Sinfield
Sinfield is also responsible for 9/11, Shergar and the Lindbergh baby.

Not Sinfields fault, McNamara's fault. He has to create a system that can get the best out of his players, I personally don't feel that could happen with Sinfield in the halves.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:25 pm
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

inside_man wrote:
I do, I think he's been fantastic for Leeds. The entire system is built around him and it works, and has for a long time.

However, if your going to build a side around a player for England, it most certainly ISN'T Sinfield. So it's daft to try and put him in a position where in all honest, he's more likely to reduce the effectiveness of better players. I dont' think we saw anywhere near the productivity from Chase + Tomkins as we could have in the 4 nations, cos the ball just constantly went into Sinfields hands and the onus was on him to create something.

I agree with you to be honest. You're spot on with this:

inside_man wrote:
Personally, I'd go with Brough + Widdop. For the exiles games, I'd have gone Brough + Chase
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Famous wrote:
Surely that makes more sense than a Stand Off and a jack of all trades master of none in Sinfield. Sinfield is barely a credible Super League Stand Off never mind international one.

He's won more trophies playing at stand off than any other British stand off around.

England will win this game, its clear most of the players in the Exiles squad can't be arsed, I bet all the 'injured' players play next week.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 pm
blackpoolwigan Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Apart from us all wanting the players we think deserve an England shirt in the squad, which obviously we are never all going to agree on, surely everyone on here can at least look at the squad and say "hmm, not really using our best options all over here".

My question is, surely there is someone working with or above McNamara to have a word in his ear, just kinda point out some of the finer points and remind him that a squad built with next year in mind is the way forward.

If there isnt such a person why not? And if there is does he need to clear his throat a bit or is McNamara just whistling while he gives advice?

If either of those are the case someone needs to be shown the door in my eyes, sooner the better.
PreviousNext