LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 583 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Board index Off Topic The Sin Bin Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Off-topic discussion.

cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Argyll & Bute Council have banned nine year old Martha Payne from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them on her blog. Without the photographs, the blog is pretty meaningless, so she's closed it.

Story

Well done to those responsible, who also don't have the balls to speak to the press about their decision. One big fat own-goal Argyll & Bute, I hope you're proud.
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan
fc baldy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: THE HOME CITY OF LUKE CAMPBELL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
cod'ead wrote:
Argyll & Bute Council have banned nine year old Martha Payne from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them on her blog. Without the photographs, the blog is pretty meaningless, so she's closed it.

Story

Well done to those responsible, who also don't have the balls to speak to the press about their decision. One big fat own-goal Argyll & Bute, I hope you're proud.

Just listend to this story on the news whilst driving home.Very petty by the council and fair play to the girl doing the blog as the meal you can actually see looks bloody revolting...2 croutons,a bit of cucumber and a very dodgey looking burger with a ice lolly?.
“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club.

Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you.

"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

The food that she photographed and wrote about looks, frankly, revolting.

Makes my remembered school dinners of such things as finnan haddie with mash sound absolutely brilliant by comparison. And they were freshly made, on the premises.

It's a massive own goal by the council, though.
"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.
fc baldy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: THE HOME CITY OF LUKE CAMPBELL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
Mintball wrote:
The food that she photographed and wrote about looks, frankly, revolting.

Makes my remembered school dinners of such things as finnan haddie with mash sound absolutely brilliant by comparison. And they were freshly made, on the premises.

It's a massive own goal by the council, though.

We used to have green,red and chocolate custard......bloody lovely.
“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club.

Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you.

"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

I don't remember custard – semolina, sago, rice pudding: and all with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle. Whcih for some unexplained reason, you weren't supposed to twirl into patterns.

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mintball wrote:
semolina, sago, rice pudding: and all with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle.

ooooooo (flashbacks) yum.

Chocolate pudding with chocolate custard.

I really remember in the Summer of 76 with the drought our teacher telling us to put salt in our food because when you sweat, you lose vital salt. Wonder if people are "allowed" to say that to kids these days?
cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Rooster Booster wrote:

I really remember in the Summer of 76 with the drought our teacher telling us to put salt in our food because when you sweat, you lose vital salt. Wonder if people are "allowed" to say that to kids these days?

I would hope not because the teacher was a fooking idiot. The salts lost through sweating are rather more complex than iodised sodium chloride, too much of which can actually cause more problems than it could cure.
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan
Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

cod'ead wrote:
I would hope not because the teacher was a fooking idiot. The salts lost through sweating are rather more complex than iodised sodium chloride, too much of which can actually cause more problems than it could cure.

It was the 70s. Well done, we know the harms of salt. That was the point of the comment.
Big Graeme User avatar
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor

So council workers should have to put up with headlines like "Time to sack the dinnerlady"?

Any worker should be able to go about their job without the fear of ridicule and persecution when a very narrow view of the facts is reported.

Mind it was a but heavy handed from A&B but they do have a duty to protect their employees.
Next