WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Board index Off Topic The Sin Bin Council forces closure of school dinners blog

 
Off-topic discussion.

Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 am
cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 10:49 am
Posts: 37704
Location: Zummerzet, where the zoider apples grow
Argyll & Bute Council have banned nine year old Martha Payne from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them on her blog. Without the photographs, the blog is pretty meaningless, so she's closed it.

Story

Well done to those responsible, who also don't have the balls to speak to the press about their decision. One big fat own-goal Argyll & Bute, I hope you're proud.
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 am
fc baldy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:32 pm
Posts: 20968
Location: THE HOME CITY OF LUKE CAMPBELL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
cod'ead wrote:
Argyll & Bute Council have banned nine year old Martha Payne from taking pictures of her school dinners and posting them on her blog. Without the photographs, the blog is pretty meaningless, so she's closed it.

Story

Well done to those responsible, who also don't have the balls to speak to the press about their decision. One big fat own-goal Argyll & Bute, I hope you're proud.



Just listend to this story on the news whilst driving home.Very petty by the council and fair play to the girl doing the blog as the meal you can actually see looks bloody revolting...2 croutons,a bit of cucumber and a very dodgey looking burger with a ice lolly?.
“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club.

Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you.

"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 am
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 10:32 pm
Posts: 47895
Location: Die Metropole

The food that she photographed and wrote about looks, frankly, revolting.

Makes my remembered school dinners of such things as finnan haddie with mash sound absolutely brilliant by comparison. And they were freshly made, on the premises.

It's a massive own goal by the council, though.
"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:34 am
fc baldy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:32 pm
Posts: 20968
Location: THE HOME CITY OF LUKE CAMPBELL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
Mintball wrote:
The food that she photographed and wrote about looks, frankly, revolting.

Makes my remembered school dinners of such things as finnan haddie with mash sound absolutely brilliant by comparison. And they were freshly made, on the premises.

It's a massive own goal by the council, though.


We used to have green,red and chocolate custard......bloody lovely.
“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club.

Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you.

"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 am
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 10:32 pm
Posts: 47895
Location: Die Metropole

I don't remember custard – semolina, sago, rice pudding: and all with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle. Whcih for some unexplained reason, you weren't supposed to twirl into patterns.
"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:28 am
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 10:32 pm
Posts: 47895
Location: Die Metropole

"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 am
Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7139
Location: Sydney 2000
Mintball wrote:
semolina, sago, rice pudding: and all with a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle.




ooooooo (flashbacks) yum.

Chocolate pudding with chocolate custard.


I really remember in the Summer of 76 with the drought our teacher telling us to put salt in our food because when you sweat, you lose vital salt. Wonder if people are "allowed" to say that to kids these days?

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 am
cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 10:49 am
Posts: 37704
Location: Zummerzet, where the zoider apples grow
Rooster Booster wrote:


I really remember in the Summer of 76 with the drought our teacher telling us to put salt in our food because when you sweat, you lose vital salt. Wonder if people are "allowed" to say that to kids these days?


I would hope not because the teacher was a fooking idiot. The salts lost through sweating are rather more complex than iodised sodium chloride, too much of which can actually cause more problems than it could cure.
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:17 am
Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7139
Location: Sydney 2000
cod'ead wrote:
I would hope not because the teacher was a fooking idiot. The salts lost through sweating are rather more complex than iodised sodium chloride, too much of which can actually cause more problems than it could cure.


It was the 70s. Well done, we know the harms of salt. That was the point of the comment.

Re: Council forces closure of school dinners blog

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:43 am
Big Graeme User avatar
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor
100% League Network Moderator & Fan Site Editor

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:02 am
Posts: 26570
Location: On the set of NEDS...
So council workers should have to put up with headlines like "Time to sack the dinnerlady"?

Any worker should be able to go about their job without the fear of ridicule and persecution when a very narrow view of the facts is reported.

Mind it was a but heavy handed from A&B but they do have a duty to protect their employees.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD (DATE)
4,449,0871,57775,4164,491 (28-03-2016)
Google Analytics Unique Monthly Users : 118,226 (May 2016)
DOWNLOAD OUR ANDROID APP CLICK HERE!
YOUR CLUB : Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
R
L
F
A
N
A
L
Y
T
I
C
S


Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Change these prefs/or turn this off...

FIXTURES/RESULTS

W/D/L DATE COMP HOME AWAY
L Fri 23rd Sep SL STS 32 12 WAK
L Thu 15th Sep SL WAK 12 18 HFC
L Fri 9th Sep SL WAK 10 14 CAT
L Fri 2nd Sep SL CAS 46 22 WAK
L Sun 21st Aug SL WID 40 8 WAK
L Sun 14th Aug SL WAK 10 38 WAR
L Fri 5th Aug SL WIG 60 12 WAK
L Sun 24th Jul SL WAK 20 46 CAS
W Sat 16th Jul SL CAT 28 30 WAK
L Fri 8th Jul SL WIG 22 18 WAK
L Sun 3rd Jul SL WAK 32 44 STS
L Fri 17th Jun SL WAK 6 32 LEE
W Sun 12th Jun SL HUD 2 10 WAK
L Thu 2nd Jun SL WAK 16 54 HKR
L Fri 27th May SL SAL 38 8 WAK
W Sun 22nd May SL WAK 25 24 CAT
W Sun 15th May SL WAK 36 28 WAR
W Sun 8th May CC2016 WAK 40 22 TOU
W Fri 29th Apr SL WID 16 18 WAK
L Sun 24th Apr SL WAK 28 46 HFC
W Fri 15th Apr CC2016 WAK 44 10 SHE
W Sun 10th Apr SL WAK 62 0 WIG
W Sat 2nd Apr SL WAK 32 18 SAL
W Mon 28th Mar SL LEE 16 20 WAK
W Fri 25th Mar SL WAK 36 22 HUD
L Fri 18th Mar SL HFC 22 4 WAK
L Fri 11th Mar SL STS 44 4 WAK
L Sun 6th Mar SL WAK 28 42 CAT
L Fri 26th Feb SL WAR 34 16 WAK
W Sun 21st Feb SL HKR 12 14 WAK
L Sun 14th Feb SL CAS 40 6 WAK
L Sun 7th Feb SL WAK 16 24 WID
Tab two Tab three

Copyrite RLFanalytics 2016
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
  Thu 29th Sep : 20:00
SL-SF
Warrington
v
St. HelensTV  
  Fri 30th Sep : 20:00
SL-SF
Wigan
v
Hull FCTV  
  Sat 1st Oct : 14:00
CH1-GF
Toulouse
v
Barrow  
  Sat 1st Oct : 15:00
£1M-GF
Hull KR
v
SalfordTV  
  Sun 2nd Oct : 09:15
NRL-GF
Melbourne
v
CronullaTV  
  Sun 2nd Oct : 15:00
CH-PLATE
Bradford
v
Sheffield