PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - England 17 for Saturday

Board index Super League St. Helens - the-entertainers.tv England 17 for Saturday

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 pm
Gary High User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

SaintsFan wrote:
I think it is you who is deluded. Robes was rendered less effective due to your defence, not to being outplayed by your hooker.

The term "Played off the park" tends to mean "Played much better than".

Of course he was rendered less effective by the defence. Isn't that the idea?
I HAVE READ THE BLOODY A.U.P !!
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:35 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Gary High wrote:
The term "Played off the park" tends to mean "Played much better than".

Really? Well I wouldn't have guessed! But repeating it doesn't make it true.

Of course he was rendered less effective by the defence. Isn't that the idea?

Yep. But that doesn't equate to McIlorum playing Robes off the park. Your defence wouldn't let Robes move around it. That is an entirely different beast. If our defence had turned up at all you would have seen far, far less of McIlorum. As would Saints.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm
Gary High User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

SaintsFan wrote:
Really? Well I wouldn't have guessed! But repeating it doesn't make it true.

Yep. But that doesn't equate to McIlorum playing Robes off the park. Your defence wouldn't let Robes move around it. That is an entirely different beast. If our defence had turned up at all you would have seen far, far less of McIlorum. As would Saints.

Rubbish :BLAH:
I HAVE READ THE BLOODY A.U.P !!
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 pm
Albion User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

SaintsFan wrote:

No; let him think that McIlorum 'played Robes off the park'...it's more amusing that way.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 am
dubairl User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

its funny every time this season wigan have batterd saints after the match some one menitioned where was roby today not a saints fan stuck up for him, but after a few months go by your all back up saying hes the best hooker ever to play superleague :WHISTLE: .

also saints fan of course he played roby off the park, just like sam played wellens of the park even if they didn't come in contact very often, they played better than there opposite number doesn't matter who nulified them if it was a team effort or individual effort. i think you should watch your 4th grand final loss against us and you will see kfc being batterd by Mcilorum every time he decided to run with the ball, that day he really did close roby and kfc down on hes own.

also Mcilorum has lead wigan in pritty much every game, he is the one who puts the big tackles and keeps wigan rolling.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 am
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It'll be the first time I've visited the new stadium - where's the best place to park ?

I've heard it's not the best ....... :THINK:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am
Donkey OTay Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

griff1998 wrote:
It'll be the first time I've visited the new stadium - where's the best place to park ?

I wouldn't bother, the ground is rubbish. Best stay at home.

idiot.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:06 am
Billinge_Lump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

McIlorum should have been on the bench in place of Burrow, his form has been better. However he's done it in a dominant pack and we might have seen how he'll go in a pack that isn't as dominant (and that's how it will be in proper internationals).

Ablett at centre is just a joke, I'd rather he picked one of the young lads from the Knights to give him the experience.
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now.

[quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point.

Thick as pig swill.[/quote]
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 am
Dux User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Billinge_Lump wrote:
Ablett at centre is just a joke, I'd rather he picked one of the young lads from the Knights to give him the experience.

That just typifies England/GB selection over the last 20 years for me. We've got a perfectly good attack-minded strike centre available in Cudjoe, and we select a second rower instead, presumably on the basis that he can defend and doesn't do anything too wild or risky. It's the same logic that saw Tommy Martyn frozen out while we conducted a series of disastrous experiments with back rowers playing at 6.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:39 am
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

griff1998 wrote:

The stadium is fab but the concourses can get wet when the wind is blowing from the west and it is raining. So bring ya wellies. :wink:

As for parking, the best place to park is in the multistorey car park in town. If you are coming from the M62 then turn off on to the Linkway and follow that into the town centre. You will see the multistorey on your right, behind the old Tesco and near the Park Inn Hotel. It's the Chalon Way car park. Once you have parked up there (costs you £1) just turn right out of the car park, walk past the glass museum, under the bridge and follow the pathway to the new Tesco. The stadium is behind there. It'll take you five minutes if you are able bodied.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
PreviousNext